Not able to install

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
StevenO
Airman

Not able to install

Post by StevenO »

Thank you for the gratuitous P40......

I am not able to install it as each time i run the installer in admin mode i receive the message:

"The Accu-Sim P-40 Warhawk can't be installed because a valid installation of Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4 has not been found on you computer"

I saw where an earlier post of this was solved by running the repair feature. I did this but but it did not help. I have not made any changes to the placement folder of the original installation. P3Dv4.5 is the latest ver.

Thanks,

Steve

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Not able to install

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Steve,

Yes, this message indicates that the Prepar3D.exe can't be found in the location specified in the Windows registry.

Running a repair on the sim will usually fix this, however do you use any "registry cleaner" type software?

Also, what's your install path for P3Dv4 and is this your first Accu-Sim product for the platform?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

StevenO
Airman

Re: Not able to install

Post by StevenO »

Hello,

I have used ccleaner in the past, but have stopped and have installed other A2A a/c without issue afterward. My install path is in a separate drive other than C drive. More specifically D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4. Also, I did have issue running the repair feature from the apps install/uninstall area of windows. Couldn't find the setup prepar 3d.exe. I had to copy the file into the folder to get it to work, but it seemed to.

Thank you,

Steve

edit: I figured it out.....thank you for your time.

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”