Accusim causes heartburn

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Oldnavy
Airman First Class

Accusim causes heartburn

Post by Oldnavy »

Ok Fellas, here is the deal, I installed basic P40 in my P3d V3.4 and the autostart works just fine. When I install the accusim over the P40 then we have a problem Houston.
The auto start will only crank the engine and rotate the prop and nothing more. I took everything (including the basic P40) out and put the basic P40 back and the Auto-start
will work i.e. the engine will produce a puff of smoke and light off. Yes, I prime the engine and cycle the wobble stick.....

I tried to uninstall just the Accusim leaving the basic P40 and the auto-start doesn't work so good. It's is only after I remove EVERYTHING and start over with just the basic P40 that
I can autostart the engine.

I dunno......... Just saying.... :?

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Re: Accusim causes heartburn

Post by AviationAtWar »

The P3D version of the P-40 is for V4. Not sure if the 3.4 was a typo in your post or not.

Oldnavy
Airman First Class

Post by Oldnavy »

AviationAtWar wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 13:46 The P3D version of the P-40 is for V4. Not sure if the 3.4 was a typo in your post or not.

Not a type-o, I use P3D V3.4 not V4. Using the P40 installer, I point it to populate the files in P3D V3.4 and the basic seems to auto start ok.
It is when I install the accusim that the auto-start will not.. well... auto-start. If I remove the accusim then we are fine.

I am well aware that P3 D v3 is a 32 bit program like FSX ......

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Oldnavy wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 14:19 I am well aware that P3 D v3 is a 32 bit program like FSX ......
Well then you must also surely be aware that the airplane is not intended for or supported for P3Dv3 and therefore will not work correctly. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here......
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, we've advised Oldnavy that the P-40 isn't supported for P3Dv3 but I understand he's installed the FSX version of the Warhawk into the sim.

It should work reasonably well as far as I'm aware, but as I say, we can't provide official support for the installation. Oldnavy, this means that myself and the rest of the support and development team don't have P3Dv3 installations that we can test with. Therefore, we can't attempt to reproduce the issues you're describing. This would be true even if it were a paid product, let alone a free one.

However, bear in mind that autostart won't work with Accu-Sim enabled if the engine is seriously damaged. You'll need to check its condition in the Shift 7 maintenance hangar and you should also double check the fuel and oil levels with the Shift 4 menu.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Oldnavy
Airman First Class

Post by Oldnavy »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 19:16
Oldnavy wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 14:19 I am well aware that P3 D v3 is a 32 bit program like FSX ......
Well then you must also surely be aware that the airplane is not intended for or supported for P3Dv3 and therefore will not work correctly. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here......

I was trying to bring to light the issue I was having with accusim, thought I was lucid in explaining that!!!!!!

The installer for accusim will ask what sim, and version to install - P3D V3 was one of the choices.

P3D V3.4 is a 32 bit sim like FSX and for the most part can be shoehorned into P3D V3 - I find it odd that the devs here didn't accommodate for V3. instead of a either

or choice between two sims (FSX/P3D V4)

Shalom

Oldnavy
Airman First Class

Post by Oldnavy »

Nick - A2A wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 06:58 Yes, we've advised Oldnavy that the P-40 isn't supported for P3Dv3 but I understand he's installed the FSX version of the Warhawk into the sim.

It should work reasonably well as far as I'm aware, but as I say, we can't provide official support for the installation. Oldnavy, this means that myself and the rest of the support and development team don't have P3Dv3 installations that we can test with. Therefore, we can't attempt to reproduce the issues you're describing. This would be true even if it were a paid product, let alone a free one.

However, bear in mind that autostart won't work with Accu-Sim enabled if the engine is seriously damaged. You'll need to check its condition in the Shift 7 maintenance hangar and you should also double check the fuel and oil levels with the Shift 4 menu.

Thanks,
Nick
The engine was not damaged and even so, I had always ran an undamaged aircraft through the maintenance program. By and large the basic install does work well when installed in P3D V3
there are a few quirks here and there - some I have mentioned here. So, given the notices from you that this version is only for FSX, I had to try anyway as it sure won't work in P3D4
There are some comomalities between FSX and P3D V3. but I suspect, in the gauges area, there may be some differences, ergo my issues with accusim.
I guess I will digress to what it is; Oh well,,,,,,c'est la vie......

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sounds like you didnt install the latest core updater for FSX P3Dv3.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57819

The P-40 works great in FSX and works fine in P3Dv3 too as some other users are doing just that.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Oldnavy
Airman First Class

Post by Oldnavy »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 08:53 Sounds like you didnt install the latest core updater for FSX P3Dv3.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57819

The P-40 works great in FSX and works fine in P3Dv3 too as some other users are doing just that.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
That core updater fixed all my issues. LG works, flaps work, it all works in P3D V3! great!!! :D

Thanks for the help. appreciate it. Image

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Happy flying in the virtual skies 8)
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Thanks, Lewis. It's really good to see support for other versions of P3D even if it's not "official". I understand Nick's explanation but if there's a question with a known answer it's nice to get that answer even it's on unsupported platforms.

Thanks again.

Hook

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”