Nothing works

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
sesanchez
Airman Basic

Nothing works

Post by sesanchez »

Hello,
I just came back to P3D after a long absence. I have the latest HF for P3DV4.5 and I recently took advantage of your free P-40. THANK YOU

Now my issue... None of my A2a products work. C1-72, C182, Cherokee and P-40 are all the same. I am on the ground and the maintenance screen says I cannot access while flying. I cannot click any of the options in the other screens for Accu Sim. Cant select the battery, can't do Auto Start etc.

I tried to follow a few of the solutions in the forums about simconnect but the links seem to be for FSX. The DX setup linked says is for older versions of Windows (I'm on Windows 10)

Please help
-- Sergio

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Nothing works

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello sesanchez,

It does sound like the SimConnect client is failing to initialise properly, or that it's unable to read/write the .dat files in the "Documents\A2A" folder.

A good first step is to make sure that your default scenario in P3Dv4 loads a simple stock aircraft. In your case, it may be worth deleting the Prepar3D.cfg file too (C:\Users\nickm\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg) allowing the sim to generate a new one.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please can let us know the exact installation path for your A2A add-ons for P3Dv4?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

sesanchez
Airman Basic

Post by sesanchez »

Thanks Nick

I deleted the CFG file to no avail. Same behavior from all planes. My default scenario is the one with the F22 at Eglin.

All my A2A add-ons are installed here

C:\Users\sergi\OneDrive\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A
-- Sergio

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info Sergio.

Please could you try closing the OneDrive client and see if that helps? Over recent months we've had a few reports of issues from customers who have their add-ons installed in a folder which is synced by OneDrive.

If this doesn't work, try closing OneDrive and then reinstalling the P-40. Since you mention a long absence from P3Dv4, it may also be worth making sure you have the latest installers for all your A2A aircraft for the sim. If you do, they should all show the A2A logo icon and the installed version number in the Windows list of installed programs.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

sesanchez
Airman Basic

Post by sesanchez »

Success...

I updated all my products running each updater as Admin. Each time I received an error about the file having to start with some weird string. Second time I ran each updated it updated and now all my planes work.

Thanks for your time Nick
-- Sergio

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

That's good to hear Sergio - thanks for posting the update. Those error messages you're seeing are caused by an issue with our web server which was caused by the big surge in traffic that happened when we released the free P-40 itself.

With any luck we'll be able to get things back to normal soon, but hope you enjoy the P-40 in the meantime. :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”