How can I accomplish this?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Mustang01
Senior Airman

How can I accomplish this?

Post by Mustang01 »

LOVE LOVE LOVE The P40! However, Im trying to figure out how to make the interior engine sound at idle sound like the exterior (LOUDER, as it sounds like a minivan inside at idle). ive looked through the sound cfg and cant seem to find how to make the exterior .wav play in the interior view. please dont take this as any kind of insult to the plane, just really REALLY want to hear the Allison just like you would in the real thing. Ive even experimented with copying the exterior .wav and rename it to the interior .wav file and even deleted it...interior still sounds the same, way to smooth and quiet...more like in a 172 with a headset on. when i throttle up its fine, but its the idle id like to adjust. Seems like no matter what I change in the sound cfg files or with the .wavs none of it changes...if I delete the origional "1wop_P40_rpm1" wav file it still plays..can anyone help??
Image Image

trindade
Staff Sergeant

Re: How can I accomplish this?

Post by trindade »

Open your canopy. :D

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
First off , messing with the sound files , will damage the A2A p40 installation , if the deleted files are still in the trash can i suggest you put them back in the correct locations , else you might have to uninstall then reinstall to get the files back , if you need to do this make sure it is a clean uninstall else you will not be able to update your aircraft.
Interior sounds are different from external sounds and are adjusted in different ways.
In shift+2 or 3 you should have a volume slider , make sure this is not to low , these should be for the vc sounds , external sounds will be adjusted in the sim itself.
regards alan. 8)

Mustang01
Senior Airman

Post by Mustang01 »

Thanks, I’ve got no problem reinstalling. And yes I put things right back where they were..I’ve been messing with this kind of stuff the last 17 years in FS and have never seen sounds quite as complex as a2a’s accusim. I don’t want to change much at all, just want the interior idle sound replaced with the exterior as it’s way way closer to the sound of the Allison. Hopefully Lewis or someone can give me a hint as to how to pull this off and/or what to change. What really throws me off is when I replace a wav file with another one and rename it the same as origional, it still plays the old wav even though it’s deleted. :roll:
Image Image

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

sorry not something I can help with, the sound in the cockpit is unique to inside the cockpit. It'd be very strange to have a by-standers sound for the internals for sure :?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Mustang01
Senior Airman

Post by Mustang01 »

It'd be very strange to have a by-standers sound for the internals for sure :?
See, to me, its very strange to have the sound of a warbird with a V 1710 Allison sound like it has full exhaust with thrush mufflers from autozone inside, but outside it sounds like a real allison. Having flown real world warbirds including the Mustang, I can say its not a drastic difference at all from inside to out...not like being in a pressurized Lear or anything. So, since we're going to keep this a secret, theres no way to even adjust the volume aside from the accusim menu?
Image Image

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”