I give up!!!!!

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Oldnavy
Airman First Class

I give up!!!!!

Post by Oldnavy »

First of all let me say that I appreciate the free "donation"of the P40. Having said that I deleted it as it has been a source of aggravation trying to get this thing
to start in Windows 10. After numerous re-installs, the Auto-Start function managed to turn the prop,- a puff of smoke and the engine would light off and I took off
and landed, Then, I reinstalled accusim and maybe just a coincidence, but the auto-start was not able to completely start the engine. I took accusim out and then
could not auto-start anymore, Just for the record, the direct X segment of the P40 install would always sniff my system and noted that I had a newer of direct X
and I'd always agree to what ever I was supposed to agree to. I guess that is just part of the install script.

I tried to install as admin and still the engine could only manage to turn the prop and sometimes would light off then quit.

Out of exasperation and frustration, I gave up and yanked it out of my inventory. Maybe this all works swell for FSX and P3D V4 but
there is something about it (P40) that just doesn't jive with P3D V3.4 - just a guess.

Again- Thanks for the donation of the P40 but I'll just have to move on with other things that do work in my P3D V3.4.......

Shalom

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: I give up!!!!!

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have FSX and it works ok , also i know that members of the 91stbombardment group DID have this working in P3Dv3 without issues before they moved to P3Dv4, did you just jump in and think you could fly it like a normal sim aircraft , as this does not work with A2A aircraft , they are as real as you can get , and as such , it is highly recommended that people read the manual , and also helps to watch videos that are made for the aircraft , the P40 video is in the fsx purchase area if you care to give another go , i highly recomend you do , she is hard work on takeoff and landing but is a joy once mastered.
Instead of just giving up , you should have posted the issues you where having , then someone could have helped you out , then you could be enjoying this loverly aircraft .
regards alan. 8)

Oldnavy
Airman First Class

Post by Oldnavy »

alan CXA651 wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 09:16 Hi.
I have FSX and it works ok , also i know that members of the 91stbombardment group DID have this working in P3Dv3 without issues before they moved to P3Dv4, did you just jump in and think you could fly it like a normal sim aircraft , as this does not work with A2A aircraft , they are as real as you can get , and as such , it is highly recommended that people read the manual , and also helps to watch videos that are made for the aircraft , the P40 video is in the fsx purchase area if you care to give another go , i highly recomend you do , she is hard work on takeoff and landing but is a joy once mastered.
Instead of just giving up , you should have posted the issues you where having , then someone could have helped you out , then you could be enjoying this loverly aircraft .
regards alan. 8)
I did post issues here

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=69985

Yet no one seemed to reply.
You are preaching to the choir about the quality of the aircraft and as you alluded to it works swell in FSX which I don't have anymore nor want to use.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

HI.
Members of the 91stbombardment group also had it working without issues in P3Dv3 they now use P3dv4 where it also works well , if you could not get it working in P3Dv3 then you should have waited till someone answered to your issue , had you read my reply fully you would have noticed i not only stated i had no issues in FSX but i also stated others have had no issues in P3Dv3 or v4 , so whatever your issue was , may well reside in your pc or what you did or did not do , the A2A team and the community are always willing to help sort out any issues you or other new A2A users might have.
regards alan. 8)

Oldnavy
Airman First Class

Post by Oldnavy »

alan CXA651 wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 09:57 HI.
Members of the 91stbombardment group also had it working without issues in P3Dv3 they now use P3dv4 where it also works well , if you could not get it working in P3Dv3 then you should have waited till someone answered to your issue , had you read my reply fully you would have noticed i not only stated i had no issues in FSX but i also stated others have had no issues in P3Dv3 or v4 , so whatever your issue was , may well reside in your pc or what you did or did not do , the A2A team and the community are always willing to help sort out any issues you or other new A2A users might have.
regards alan. 8)
I've reinstalled it (again) and for the time being the engine will auto-start. Haven't installed accusim for fear of crashing something.

Have another issue

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=69991

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi .
Are you saying you have gear not going up/down again.
Ideally you should install aircraft / accusim/then update , if in p3dv4 it has its own updater , in fsx and p3dv3 which it should see as fsx , because it was not made for this and as such is tricked into thinking its fsx , you do the multi updater.
without accusim the systems dont work fully as A2A intended.
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Oldnavy - I'm just catching up on some forum posts. Sorry for the slower than usual response but it's been a pretty hectic weekend what with one thing and the other.

If you're trying to install the P-40 into P3Dv3, we can't guarantee the product will work and we can't provide official support. However, Alan's advice to install into FSX and then update before copying the files into P3Dv3 is good.

I'll also reply in the other thread you linked above, as it seems you may just be misunderstanding how the hydraulics system works.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”