P-40 Warhawk P3Dv4 Free

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
florence
Senior Airman

P-40 Warhawk P3Dv4 Free

Post by florence »

Hi and thanks for the wonderful gesture you made giving this splendid plane, after installing and updating it with your Check for Updates tool I noticed a couple of problems, the first is the Parking Brake which does not stay in the ON position but immediately returns to OFF, the second are the Flaps that go down but don't come back up ... or maybe I'm wrong?
can I ask for your kind help?

Thanks David

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P-40 Warhawk P3Dv4 Free

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello David,

For the brakes please check your controls as something will be triggered the brakes to not hold. A stray mapping maybe.

For the flaps, can you please tell us more about your system and setip, the platform you are using and the controls you are using for the flap command. For example have you tried keyboard and mouse to click the flaps up and down to check they work ok before bringing the controller into the mix etc.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

florence
Senior Airman

Post by florence »

Hi Lewis thanks for the answer, for the brakes I checked but I don't quite understand what you mean by "loose mapping" unfortunately Google Translate does not help us ... regarding the flaps instead I only use the mouse and I confirm they go down but they don't go up ... .
David

seebsseebs
Airman

Post by seebsseebs »

I have just downloaded the P40 free sim. Thank you, however I am unable to extract the sim to FSX. Can you help with with that?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Regarding the flaps or gear for that matter , when you extend or retract them , always make sure that once they are fully down or up that the levers are returnd to neutral position.
I suspect that when you selected flaps up , the lever was in the down position , and you just moved it to neutral instead of up position .
Also moveing the levers alone will not extend or retract the gear and flaps , you either use the manual hand pump or the electric pump , ei the button on top of the yoke, i strongly recommend you read the manual and watch the A2A video on this aircraft .
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

seebsseebs wrote: 21 Mar 2020, 18:43 I have just downloaded the P40 free sim. Thank you, however I am unable to extract the sim to FSX. Can you help with with that?
Hello,

Please can you open a new topic and give us a few more details such as which operating system and browser you're using with any error messages encountered.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

florence
Senior Airman

Post by florence »

alan CXA651 wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 00:55 Hi.
Regarding the flaps or gear for that matter , when you extend or retract them , always make sure that once they are fully down or up that the levers are returnd to neutral position.
I suspect that when you selected flaps up , the lever was in the down position , and you just moved it to neutral instead of up position .
Also moveing the levers alone will not extend or retract the gear and flaps , you either use the manual hand pump or the electric pump , ei the button on top of the yoke, i strongly recommend you read the manual and watch the A2A video on this aircraft .
regards alan. 8)
Hi Alan, your suggestions are certainly effective, the problem is the translation is easy for me to make confusion lever up lever down .... because the sentences you write are translated in a strange way, the video I can't find ... can you put me some explanatory photos? maybe it's better ...
Thanks Davide

florence
Senior Airman

Post by florence »

as soon as the take-off is done I lift the lever of the trolleys and immediately they lock in this position ... can someone help me?
thank you

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Are you activating the hydraulic pump?
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi David.
The video is on the purchase page in the shop
https://youtu.be/pCKSxK1nAAU?t=4
regards alan. 8)

florence
Senior Airman

Post by florence »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 14:58 Are you activating the hydraulic pump?
good, you centered my problem, I would like to combine a button of my Joy Saitek x52 with the button of the Hydraulic Pump
which is on the stick of the P40, but unfortunately I don't know the name of the control in the Key Assignment of P3D ...
I hope you understand what I mean ...
sorry for my english macaroni ...
Thank you

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

florence wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 15:50 good, you centered my problem, I would like to combine a button of my Joy Saitek x52 with the button of the Hydraulic Pump
which is on the stick of the P40, but unfortunately I don't know the name of the control in the Key Assignment of P3D ...
Thank you
I do Sir and no worries!
Don't set up your controls through P3D. Go to the Windows Start menu and open the A2A tab, where you'll see the P-40 Input Configurator. That's where you can assign the hydraulic pump operation to one of your joystick buttons.

Have fun with the P-40!
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

florence
Senior Airman

Post by florence »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 16:03
florence wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 15:50 good, you centered my problem, I would like to combine a button of my Joy Saitek x52 with the button of the Hydraulic Pump
Thank you
I do Sir and no worries!
Don't set up your controls through P3D. Go to the Windows Start menu and open the A2A tab, where you'll see the P-40 Input Configurator. That's where you can assign the hydraulic pump operation to one of your joystick buttons.

Have fun with the P-40!
you are a great !! thank you so much, thanks to you I can enjoy the legendary P40, your admirer forever!
David

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

florence wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 16:49 you are a great !! thank you so much, thanks to you I can enjoy the legendary P40, your admirer forever!
David
You're very welcome and I'm glad it all worked out for you...enjoy!!
Rob Wilkinson

florence
Senior Airman

Post by florence »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 21:03
florence wrote: 22 Mar 2020, 16:49 you are a great !! thank you so much, thanks to you I can enjoy the legendary P40, your admirer forever!
David
You're very welcome and I'm glad it all worked out for you...enjoy!!
Hi MkIV sorry if I take advantage of your courtesy I would like to ask you a couple of questions, now that I can finally enjoy flying with the P40 I asked myself:
 1) are there no navigation instruments on the P40? maybe I don't see them ...
 2) to check the fuel level only 2 FUSELAGE - WINGS tanks are visible I see nothing to check RESERVE

sorry if my questions are a bit stupid ....
Thanks David

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”