P-40 Warhawk P3Dv4 Free

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Hook
Master Sergeant

Re: P-40 Warhawk P3Dv4 Free

Post by Hook »

florence wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 12:59  1) are there no navigation instruments on the P40?
There's a compass! That and a clock are all you need. :D Oh, you'll need charts as well: Try skyvector.com for those. There's a map as one of the 2D panels.

It's a little like navigating in the Cub. And the Cub doesn't even have a clock. :D

Hook

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

florence wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 12:59  1) are there no navigation instruments on the P40? maybe I don't see them ...
 2) to check the fuel level only 2 FUSELAGE - WINGS tanks are visible I see nothing to check RESERVE

sorry if my questions are a bit stupid ....
Thanks David
No stupid questions here, David.
Regarding navigation instruments...nope and what Hook said :wink:
Regarding fuel...I'm sorry I have no idea...I've had the airplane for many months and haven't flown it much until yesterday...during which flight I ran it out of gas on the reserve tank... :oops: I need to RRTFM (that's "re-read...").
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

seebsseebs
Airman

Post by seebsseebs »

I have just downloaded the free P-40 ....thank you.
I am having problems with the download. I am using windows 10 and the download is contained in a winzip file which by all indications opens and loads up but I cannot see it in FSX.
Previous download of flight trainer went without a hitch.
Can you help please?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi florence.
The P40 , fuel tanks depending on type depends on how many tanks you have , but from memory only main and res have gauges , any other tank , you need to keep an eye on the fuel pressure gauge , if it starts dropping fuel is getting low , and then you switch tanks , else you wait till eng splutters , then quickly change tanks .
regards alan. 8)

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I haven't flown the plane yet, but if all the other tanks have fuel gauges except the Reserve, you'll be using that one last. When you're down to the last bit of fuel in your reserve tank, how much does a fuel gauge really matter? :D Most of the time you're timing your fuel tanks anyway, not depending so much on gauges.

Hook

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Seebsseebs.
When you say you cannot see the P40 in FSX , after the download/install , where are you looking , i have FSXA and my system is win 7 and have no issues with the P40.
If you are looking in the files , it is in simobjects\airplanes\ look for WOP3_P40
If you are looking in FSX free flight then it should be under A2A p40 provided you have show all ticked
if neither of these help you could you please give more info on your issue.
regards alan. 8)

florence
Senior Airman

Post by florence »

Hi, thanks to all I will treasure your information ...
I would still like to add a question: I tried to insert the GPS but I noticed that despite having assigned position 8 free in the available windows, I don't see it ... has it happened to you too?
Thank you all
David

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”