Installation not recognizing Prepar3d v4.5

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
gpf
Airman First Class

Installation not recognizing Prepar3d v4.5

Post by gpf »

Thank you for the free copy of the P-40. Very gracious of A2A!
Unfortunately, the software will not load as it is not recognizing the legitimate Academic copy of Prepar3d V4.5 loaded on my computer.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Installation not recognizing Prepar3d v4.5

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello gpf,

If you're seeing a message saying that a valid installation of P3Dv4 can't be found, this is usually because the installation directory of P3Dv4 has been manually moved or renamed since installation, so the Windows registry entry for the sim no longer points to the correct folder. Another possible explanation is that registry entries have been deleted or modified by third-party software editing or 'cleaning' the reigstry.

If you run a 'repair' of P3Dv4 via its entry in the Windows list of installed programs, this should fix any broken registry entries. However, please let us know if you've made any manual changes to the P3Dv4 file path since you installed the sim.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

gpf
Airman First Class

Post by gpf »

Hello Nick,

Thank you for the quick response. I did as you suggested and the program now works. Again, thank you and a big "thank you" to A2A! I look forward to future aircraft published from your company.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update gpf - good to hear the issue is resolved and hope you enjoy the P-40. :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-40 Tech Support”