Blasphemy !

Honest, reliable, iconic American fighter
new reply
Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Blasphemy !

Post by Dominique »

Having flown the Warhawk as a cross country cruiser for at least more than one hundred hours now, over the OrbX and Pacific Islands PNG, and well decided to do a lot more, I'd say that having some kind of nav aid like a VOR gauge or even better a GPS nicely tucked into the dashboard would be nice (understatement). I added a new SHFT-8 GPS window but it's not the same, kinda awkward :mrgreen: ! I dont think that any modern pilot of that magnificent old bird would leave the pattern without one ! Just sayin' :D

Alone ?
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: Blasphemy !

Post by CodyValkyrie »

While there are no plans to create a modern P-40, A2A is working on a modernized P-51 that may be suitable for what you are looking for perhaps?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Not a modern P40 mind you, I love like it is now, would't have any other way, just a nav aid as an option ! I flew so much the Mustang in FS9 that I love the P40 now, more suited to low and medium altitude flying ! :)
Dominique
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

P-40 is kinda point and shoot (aka dead reckoning) for me. I find the supplied Shift-5 hybrid map/GPS to be perfect for my needs, if and when I need a little confirmation of my location.

My guess, Dominique, is that you will fall in love with the upcoming restored civilian Mustang! There is no requirement to fly it high; I find the current warbird Mustang to be a great touring aircraft! Plus, if the last time you flew a Mustang was FS9, then you are in for a treat, it is a whole new far more immersive plane!

Joe
Joe

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Mustang : I keep that in mind 8). The civilian P51 dashboard in the video looks impressive. But the Warhawk keeps me busy for now.

SHFT-5 : Not convinced. A moving map is a cheat somewhat. Real life is GPS when you leave the pattern. And wouldn't you love to shoot low visibility approaches with the P40 :).
Dominique

new reply

Return to “P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk”