Turbulences on clear skies

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
CptCat
Airman Basic

Turbulences on clear skies

Post by CptCat »

Engines are new, rpm and mp is set, weather set to clear skies, airspeed normal but my 377 is shaking, Air qualities are 0kts at 0 but heavy turbulence...
My sim is :fsx: FSX:SE, COST 377 is fully updated, i have Active Sky but i dont use it for 377 flights. I use auto flight engineer and turbos, realism settings as in manualand i do not use accu-feel or anything like this. I dont know what cause the trouble c182 is flying excelent, every other aircraft is flying excellent...
Sorry for my bad english, i can post video on yt showing this troubles if it will help.
Thanks in advance :D
Respectfully yours.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Re: Turbulences on clear skies

Post by TreeTops »

Is the shaking because of slow speed? You will get bad shaking as a sign of impending stall.
Cheers
Trev

CptCat
Airman Basic

Post by CptCat »

TreeTops wrote: 19 Oct 2022, 22:20 Is the shaking because of slow speed? You will get bad shaking as a sign of impending stall.
Unfortunately that's not the case, today i tried to fly a bit lower and faster (Airspeed 230 on fl110) and i still had heavy turbulences :(
moderate turbulences appeared right after take off, for todays flights i fully uinstalled active sky and disabled turbulences and thermal effects on aircraft in settings.

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

I'm interested in the youtube video.
How are your realism settings for the simulator? Do you have the option "display indicated airspeed" selected?

CptCat
Airman Basic

Post by CptCat »

flapman wrote: 23 Oct 2022, 14:11 I'm interested in the youtube video.
How are your realism settings for the simulator? Do you have the option "display indicated airspeed" selected?
My realism settings are on the video, "display indicated airspeed" is selected.
https://youtu.be/UCJ6XaE3LNE When I was on the ground air was smooth (even with engines running), but in the air it's shaking all the time. The video is short because everything is looking the same no matter if I'm climbing or cruising, engines were new and damage (accu-sim) was set to “off” for this flight. Today my power settings were a little bit too high but it doesn't change anything when I'm flying with normal power settings. I tried to fly 20kts slower or faster but still had moderate/heavy turbulence.
When I'm cruising (initially fl210 on mtow) sometimes turbulence is really heavy and I can hear "ugh" behind me. After the butter landing everyone is angry and I'm going to jail after the 2nd flight.

Maybe it's my pc fault, i3 6100 3,7ghz gtx950ti 2gb and 24gb ram ddr4. it's not the best pc but this add-on is old and people 10 years ago had much worse computers so probably that's not the case.
My system is windows 10 64 bit

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Is this weather the same for every flight? Have you tried a different weather setting? What weather settings do you have for these flights?
The B377 appears to be responding correctly to the turbulence it is experiencing. I think your focus should shift from what it wrong with the plane to what is happening with the weather in the flight.
ActiveSky turbulence has a reputation for being a bit excessive, but you say you dont use it for B377 flights. Just checking it isn't running to cross that possibility off the list.
Cheers
Trev

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”