Throttle doesn't work for B377 Saitek throttle quadrant

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
Kalnon
Airman First Class

Throttle doesn't work for B377 Saitek throttle quadrant

Post by Kalnon »

Hi, I just recently bought the B377 and I use a Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant. I just have the regular throttle axis (for controlling all throttles simultaneously) to just the first lever but for the B377 it just doesn't work at all. It works fine with all my other planes so it has to be an issue with the B377 itself. I can't get it to work no matter what I do. It sucks having to use the keyboard or mouse for 4 throttles. I would greatly appreciate any help, thanks.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Throttle doesn't work for B377 Saitek throttle quadrant

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Kalnon and welcome.

The 4 throttle levers in the 377 should all respond in unison to your throttle axis by default provided you've used the basic "throttle axis" event in FSX. However, it's also possible to use the engine selector (Shift 8) to control specific engines or groups of engines.

If you're still having difficulties, please can you let us know exactly what the behaviour is you're seeing? For example, is just engine 1 responding to your throttle inputs? If so, how is the axis inputs mapped? (e.g. in FSX itself or via third-party software?)

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Kalnon
Airman First Class

Post by Kalnon »

The throttles in the plane don't respond to it at all, none of the levers move at all. I have the axis bound through FSUIPC4 however, I did delete it there and tried binding it directly in the FSX control settings, so I tried it both ways and nothing, yet, when I fly any other plane, it works fine, even the Constellation. I forgot to note that I have the FSX version of the planes for now.

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

By chance is the Throttle Lock engaged? Might simple as that... we hope 8)
Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Kalnon
Airman First Class

Post by Kalnon »

No it's not, I just double checked and it's off. Plus I can still move the levers using the mouse cursor.

Kalnon
Airman First Class

Post by Kalnon »

I was just messing around and I tried setting each of the three levers separately to each engine's throttle axis one, two and three, and it worked. Unfortunately I only have 3 levers so I can't control the fourth engine. I do plan on buying another throttle quadrant eventually anyway but it's really inconvenient to not be able to bind all engines to one quadrant lever.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Have you used the B377 Input Configurator at all Kalnon? If so, it might be worth checking in there to make sure that your throttle axis isn't assigned to another function.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Years back I had an issue with the A2A P-51 Civ in FSX. I fought it for a while. Turns out something had gotten dorked up in the FSUIPC.ini file for the P-51. I ended up removing the FSUIPC.ini file and let it build a new one on next sim start and all worked well. I put the original back in [so I wouldn't have to reassign all my planes] and deleted all sections pertaining to the Civ then re-assigned all controls for it and I had no issues from then on.

Hope you get it sorted
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

I don't have terribly much to add to this thread, only to advise OP that I've been using the combination Saitek Quadrant + A2A B377 (regular and COTS) + FSX:Acceleration for years, with no problems. Using each lever individually for 4x throttle, Master Propeller Control, and 4x mixture.

So what you're trying to do is indeed possible... because I've been doing it, and the issue probably is somewhere on your machine.
WB asked about the throttle lock.
Let me ask, inadvertent Auto-Throttle activation?

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”