The joystick configurator does not work for me

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
JanF
Airman First Class

The joystick configurator does not work for me

Post by JanF »

I start the configurator as admin and assign four buttons on my CH Throttle quadrant to select engines 1-4 and one button to select all. Then I assign one axis on TM HOTAS Warthog throttle quadrant as throttle (also tried throttle 1) in FSUIPC where I also selected the axis to go to FSUIPC calibration axis (also tried normal FSX axis use FSX-SE).
This does not work in any case. A throttle axis will always control all four throttle levers and throttle 1 will always control only throttle 1. Pressing the buttons to select a specific throttle 1-4 has no effect what so ever.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: The joystick configurator does not work for me

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello JanF,

If you open the engine selector via the Shift 8 key combo and click it with the mouse to manually select various engines, does it work as expected? This should help to establish if it's the engine selector or the input configurator which isn't working.

Thanks,
Nick

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello JanF,

If you open the engine selector via the Shift 8 key combo and click it with the mouse to manually select various engines, does it work as expected? This should help to establish if it's the engine selector or the input configurator which isn't working.

Thanks,
Nick
Not sure I understand. The window I get with Shift 8 gives me options to overhaul individual engines. If I in this way select different engines it makes no difference. My throttle lever still always affect all four engines. I see no way to select engines apart from the overhaul option.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Apologies - I was thinking of the Connie. I believe the shortcut for the engine selector in the Boeing 377 is Shift 6.

Thanks,
Nick

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

Nick - A2A wrote:Apologies - I was thinking of the Connie. I believe the shortcut for the engine selector in the Boeing 377 is Shift 6.

Thanks,
Nick
Ok with Shift 6 I can use that window and select individual and in this case it works. My throttle (and mixture) lever controls the selected engine and leave the others unaffected.
But this is not the way I want to do it open a window and then two mouseclicks to select an engine. I want to be able to select the individual engine with one controller button press.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

Do you have "enable controllers" checked in FSX settings?
Michael Krawczyk

JanF
Airman First Class

Post by JanF »

some1 - A2A wrote:Do you have "enable controllers" checked in FSX settings?
No since I use FSUIPC for axis assignment

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

In that case, you'll need to tick the "enable controllers" box in FSX in able to assign them through the input configurator. You can still use FSUIPC for axis assignments instead: just delete the individual axis assignments in the FSX controls menu.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”