Overhead console view

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
Styggron
Master Sergeant

Overhead console view

Post by Styggron »

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to see the overhead console properly. Sure I can sit in the left or right seat but it is still hard to see some of the switches.

Isn't there a panel like default FSX planes have so I can see all the controls clearly at all ?

I know I can sit in the Flight Engineer seat and zoom around but surely A2A have a better way to show the panels ?
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Overhead console view

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello from the pilots seat you get the same view as a pilot so that's quite realistic, you can of course use the A keys as normal to change sub views within a view set.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello from the pilots seat you get the same view as a pilot so that's quite realistic, you can of course use the A keys as normal to change sub views within a view set.

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Lewis......err not really.......in reality we can turn our heads differently to the way FSX allows. If a panel is above to my right, I can lean in and look up but in FSX when you look up you not only lean in but automatically turn your head. The more you try to turn the more upside down everything is and there is a row of switches which is pretty much unviewable.

I'll check out what the "A" keys do in FSX and see if that helps. Just would have been nice to have a good view at a panel (floating) for clarity like on default FSX's etc

A2A really should have floating panels for accessibility like Aerosoft do for example and default FSX.
Last edited by Styggron on 12 Jun 2016, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Styggron,

You can use the co-pilot's seat view and changing his view point to one looking directly up at the overhead panel. Switch to the co-pilot's seat and then use the default "Eyepoint" commands so that the co-pilot is "sitting" on the center console. Then pan directly up at the overhead panel. Use the same eyepoint & zoom commands to get the perspective on the panel that you are looking for.

Once that view is set it will stay that way. Now when you use the "A" key to toggle each position, each time you come back to the co-pilot's view, it will be the direct overhead panel view that you set up.
FAC257

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

FAC257 wrote:Styggron,

You can use the co-pilot's seat view and changing his view point to one looking directly up at the overhead panel. Switch to the co-pilot's seat and then use the default "Eyepoint" commands so that the co-pilot is "sitting" on the center console. Then pan directly up at the overhead panel. Use the same eyepoint & zoom commands to get the perspective on the panel that you are looking for.

Once that view is set it will stay that way. Now when you use the "A" key to toggle each position, each time you come back to the co-pilot's view, it will be the direct overhead panel view that you set up.
No good FAC257,
Sitting in the other chair causes the same problems by the time you zoom into the area you need everything is upside down and from the rear seat you cannot get under it enough. Extremely frustrating.

Using eye point (space and mouse) is not helpful because you are still sitting in that location so unsure how I can "sit" in another spot or in the middle as you suggest. Will check "eyepoint".

thank you :)

Annoyed the CO2 supression button cannot be turned on to put fires out aarrgghhhhh you can click it but it will not do anything, ie won't move unlike the APU CO2

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Styggron,

The FSX command ctrl+shift+backspace will vitually move the co-pilots view to the left,

ctrl+shift+enter moves it back to the right.

Ctrl+ spacebar resets the eyepoint to original.

I use these commands a lot in the 377 to customize the perspective. I have a joy stick with functions assigned to tilt the view up and down, so I don't know what the key commands would be.

FSX probably has a list of commands in the game, I just don't remember where!

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Thanks everyone. CTRL-SHIFT Enter and Backspace did the trick when I selected the Co Pilot.

I'm sure you would all agree though a floating panel would also help. Yes use the virtual cockppit for realism but a floating panel would be really helpful. :)

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

One can create CameraDefinitions for any desired view. These can then be
linked to buttons or switches to allow for 'moving about' the VC.

Even though I have TrackIR, I also create or modify camera definition s for
my various aircraft to make it easier to see/control when I need in a given
aircraft. I usually take one of the existing entries, change the title and the GUID
and then adjust the various position-related entries to get the view(s) I want.
I then add the entry "HotKeySelect=x" Where x is 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9.
Those numbers will relate to the FSX Settings - Controls, Buttons/Keys menu
entries under views:

"View panel x (select)"

I typically assign my most used camera definitions to the #2 hat switch on my
Saitek stick so a flick of the thumb brings up the view I want. For additional
'quick access' views I use a cheap USB game controller and the buttons/switches on it.

Paul

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Gypsy Baron wrote:One can create CameraDefinitions for any desired view. These can then be
linked to buttons or switches to allow for 'moving about' the VC.

Even though I have TrackIR, I also create or modify camera definition s for
my various aircraft to make it easier to see/control when I need in a given
aircraft. I usually take one of the existing entries, change the title and the GUID
and then adjust the various position-related entries to get the view(s) I want.
I then add the entry "HotKeySelect=x" Where x is 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9.
Those numbers will relate to the FSX Settings - Controls, Buttons/Keys menu
entries under views:

"View panel x (select)"

I typically assign my most used camera definitions to the #2 hat switch on my
Saitek stick so a flick of the thumb brings up the view I want. For additional
'quick access' views I use a cheap USB game controller and the buttons/switches on it.

Paul

Very true thanks Paul.
Would still be nice for A2A to make dockable panels for close ups though :)

DMdoc
Airman

Post by DMdoc »

Here's the coding I developed for a new view of the overhead panel in the Connie, which was largely based on the Co-Pilot CameraDefinition... I presume similar changes will work for the 377.

[CameraDefinition.001] //========== must be a different number that other CameraDefinitions. By putting it in the 001 position, it's the first to load when hitting CTRL-A
Title = "Overhead Panel"
Guid = {8ff6c134-098d-409f-baec-caba3f683fff} //========== must be a different number that other CameraDefinitions. I simply changed the last digits of the Co-Pilot number
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = YES
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.44
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=TRUE
Category = Cockpit
Panacceleratortime=0
PitchPanRate=40
HeadingPanRate=40
InitialXyz=0.5, -0.2, -0.1 // this line and the next create the correct location for displaying the overhead panel.
InitialPbh=-64, -0.1, 0.0

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”