Extreme engine issues during ground ops.

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
BABOU90
Airman Basic

Extreme engine issues during ground ops.

Post by BABOU90 »

Good morning all, I am a long time reader but first time poster. Recently I completely uninstalled FSX-SE and reinstalled it to get a fresh start. Long story short this also included my COTS B-377 which was always a joy to fly. Upon re-installing the aircraft I loaded it on the active rwy just to test it out and make sure everything was fine. This is where the problems began the all the engine indicating instruments would fluctuate wildly off idle, and the sound effect for when an engine shuts down kept intermittently playing, also the outside views were really screwy. I uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft again and the same issue began to happen so I selected to do a cold and dark start. Everything was normal through the entire checklist until I brought the power up the warning horn for not safe for take off sounded, the manifold pressure /torque press/ rpm started going all over the place, and the engine shutdown sound effect occurs rapidly in the background. At this point i said screw it, turned on the ADI and took off to see if it was an effect problem or an actual problem, well soon after that the engines were on fire, so I concluded this issue was more than some slight weirdness. Should I attempt to re-install again? I have no clue all my other add-on aircraft are performing wonderfully.
The B-377 and COTS were purchased through Just Flight
I am dunning DX10 with fixer/ Nvidia inspector etc..
Regards: Matt

DC3
Technical Sergeant

Re: Extreme engine issues during ground ops.

Post by DC3 »

Maybe it's obvious, but I have to ask, how about the FSX-SE setting themselves? Is something set to auto that should be set to manual, or realistic, or something like that. You have probably checked those things already.

(I have Steve's DX10 Fixer and NVidia and my copy of COTS is working ok, so I think these things should be ok for you. One difference is I used boxed version of FSX)

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Instead of reinstalling just delete /rename the B377 dat file.
Cheers
Trev

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes I agree with DC3 it sounds like you have not yet configured FSX for use, setting the settings as per the manual, auto mixture off, high detail VC on etc etc.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”