Engine start issue

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
Sailor
Airman

Engine start issue

Post by Sailor »

When using fast start or letting the engineer start the engines only one engine will start. The engineer constantly says that the oil pressure is rising and then the oil is ok. He says this over and over.
Also the gauges for that engine Show the needle swinging back and forth. When I manual start they will all start, but the engineer still goes on and on about the oil pressure and the gauges for all the engines swing wildly.

dacamp66
Senior Airman

Re: Engine start issue

Post by dacamp66 »

sounds like a corrupted .dat file, try deleting B377.dat,(only b377.dat, NOT the whole folder) b377.dat can be found at User Name/My Documents/A2A/FSX/377. (in Windows 7) when you start up fsx, and select the b377, and start a flight, the sim will create a new one.
also, if you want to be careful, instead of deleting it, you can move the file to another location like the desktop or the like and this will make the sim make a new file.
Orville's law: when the altitude of the ground at your current location exceeds the altitude of your aircraft, you have most assuredly crashed.

Sailor
Airman

Post by Sailor »

Ok I figured it out. The realism mixture was set to auto. I could have sworn I had it to manual.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, sounds like it was the auto mixture setting being set incorrectly. Glad you got it sorted.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”