B377 Thrust reverse wont disengage

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
natet
Airman

Post by natet »

Hello
I have the 377 w/COTS and when I use thrust reverse to slow after touchdown the reversers wont disengage. F3 will bring the engines back to idle but the throttles wont advance to power up to move after slowing.
Anyone out there had this issue?

natet

FlameOut
Staff Sergeant

Re: B377 Thrust reverse wont disengage

Post by FlameOut »

Oh yes, this has been brought up many, many times and most folks give the brakes a little tap, without touching the last position you left your throttles in.... then reengage the throttles.

It takes a lot of practice... kinka like a timing issue with some add on aircraft ( military types) that have [2] canopies to open .... Shift + 1, Shift+2 kinda thing.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Another thing you can try is setting the parking brake and then releasing it. That used to work for me but since I've upgraded computers and reinstalled everything I can't get it out of reverse thrust for anything.

natet
Airman

Post by natet »

I was trying not to kill the brakes on shorter runways. I guess its just stomp and steer.

Thanks guys.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

To clarify what I meant, after you use reverse thrust and come to a stop with the throttles back to idle, see that they won't come past the gate. Then set and release the parking brake and the throttles may work normally.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Nate,

Check out this linked post, http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=46969 and also the links to other posts within to get some ideas.
Remember that if you have hardware throttle(s) they must be fully back to idle before you try to move the props to reverse, and they must stay fully back during the whole process (unless your throttles have reverse capability).
Last edited by Jacques on 30 Sep 2015, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

Yes I had the same thing happen to me the other night; no forward thrust power after using reverse.

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic :x

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Nate,
Apologies as I hadn't realized my link above was missing. I've corrected and checked that it is visible and actually goes somewhere! Some good stuff in there about the issue and how to work around the problem.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”