Player 2 as Flight Engineer?

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
Homer_J
Airman Basic

Player 2 as Flight Engineer?

Post by Homer_J »

Hello all,

I just recently got the 377 and the COTS package. I'm still just getting my feet wet, but I have a quick question.

I'm trying to figure out possible ways to have 2 people fly the same ship. I understand that A2A says that multiplayer shared cockpit is not possible.

So I'm sure doing this online is not going to happen.

-Is it impossible over LAN as well? (I'm assuming so)

So lastly, I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this on the same machine with multiple monitors. I've gotten the basics set up (Captain on 1, Engineer on 2) Is there any decent ideas for setting up the controls so that it will work smoothly with 2 people? Ideally I'd love to have 2 keyboards and 2 mouse cursors, but it doesn't seem like this can be done (correct me if I'm wrong.)

I have a control yoke set up in front of the captains monitor, and keyboard and mouse on the Engineer's panel seems to work ok, but the Captain can only do basic flying and can't select anything on his screen. Also, he can't pan or zoom his view while the Engineer's monitor is selected as the active.

Has anyone figured out a convenient way to make a similar setup work well? Or any ideas to make things better for 2 people at once? This is my first time really trying anything with multiple monitors, so I'm a bit new at it.

Thanks!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Player 2 as Flight Engineer?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ive never heard of anyone doing it but the easiest way would be to set a view in which everything can be seen and then just have the engineer use the mapping controls over being able to manipulate the view.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”