Input Configurator problems

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
andqui
Airman First Class

Input Configurator problems

Post by andqui »

I've used the input configurator to assign the steering wheel and AP turn handle to two axes on my HOTAS. The assignments show up well in the utility, and I can see them move in the preview indicating that it is detecting the joystick and interpreting the axis. However, in the game, the steering wheel and ap turn handle don't move when I use the newly bound axis. What am I doing wrong?

Also, the rudder pedals don't return to 0 after release. That's bound as a normal axis in FSUIPC, and shows 0 when I let go of the pedals. Yet in the B377 and the B377 only, sometimes the pedals become stuck to one side when I release, and I have to "jiggle" the pedals or push the opposite way to get it back in the center.

Any ideas?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Input Configurator problems

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if using FSUIPC are you still going through FSX or by-passing it. If by-passing you will want to go through FSX so the simulation works correctly.

Thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

andqui
Airman First Class

Post by andqui »

My throttle/elevator/aileron/rudder are all bound via FSUIPC, and sent to FSX as a normal axis, I'm not using the "send directly to FSUIPC" option. The rudder is the only one that has the "sticky lag", the aileron/elevator inputs on the control wheel return to center immediately.

And that wouldn't affect the steering wheel and AP handle axis commands sent directly to the A2A aircraft, would it? Again, they show up in the preview in the utility but then have no effect in-game.

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

The input configurator requires your joystick to be enabled in the FSX settings. If you assign your controls through FSUIPC you might have disabled it.
Michael Krawczyk

andqui
Airman First Class

Post by andqui »

They joystick is enabled. It makes no difference if I set the axis directly in the FSX controls menu, or in FSUIPC, the rudder still sticks and doesn't return to neutral. It works perfectly fine with other aircraft and the stock ones, so it's not something wrong with the axis calibration or my pedals. And the turn handle and steering wheel still don't move despite being assigned and detected in the configurator, both with the joysticks enabled and disabled (ctrl+k).

andqui
Airman First Class

Post by andqui »

So.... nothing at all? No help?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

What is the hardware you are using??

thanks
Lewis

andqui
Airman First Class

Post by andqui »

Saitek X55 for the HOTAS (two USB connections, one for stick and one for throttle), and Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals. Rudder sticks to one side, I need to manually wiggle them around to try to put it back in neutral after release. Input configurator assignments show up in the configurator but have no effect in-game. Other aircraft have no problems with the rudder.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

How are your FSX settings, do you have auto rudder on and in the aircraft any control lock engaged?

Also given the hardware you are using works as plug and play why are you going through all the third party programs for mapping?

thanks,
Lewis

andqui
Airman First Class

Post by andqui »

Settings are on full realsim, no auto rudder. Control lock is not engaged.

It's not "all the third party programs", it's just one, FSUIPC, and that's because you have better control over assignments and profiles, and with better calibration and filtering settings and such. Anyways, the inputs are sent to FSX as an in-game axis, so it really shouldn't make a difference. The two axes I'm trying to assign to the tiller and the turn handle in the input configurator aren't already bound to anything in-game, so there shouldn't be a conflict there. And like I said above, the problem and the rudder lag are still there if I assign the axes directly in the FSX menu instead.

andqui
Airman First Class

Post by andqui »

Just ran another test. Like before, no axes set in the input configurator have any effect in game. However, the key bindings set in the configurator do work. So when I set my AP turn handle to the "." and "," keys, it turns just fine when I press them, but doesn't move at all when I try the slider I set for it. Is there a way to assign the steering tiller to key inputs rather than an axis? I couldn't find an entry for it. Anyways, that seems like a partial work-around, although not one that I should have to take.

To be more specific about the rudder issue, the best way to describe it is that it doesn't quite want to return to center, especially at small deflections. It maybe happens ~80% of the time that I move the pedals. Usually it will go most of the way to center but then stop just before, but sometimes it will stick at the original full deflection. It works just fine with other aircraft, so it's not an issue with the hardware or the axis binding.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Are you all updated, have you tuned FSUIPC off altogether?

andqui
Airman First Class

Post by andqui »

Yes, both the B377 and FSUIPC are updated to the latest version. The problem is still there even when FSUIPC is disabled in dll.xml

MadRobbie1
BDG

Post by MadRobbie1 »

andqui,

I've got both the Saitek X-55 and Pro Rudder Pedals - I also have a full version of FSUIPC installed, but so far haven't looked into using it as it is really a brand new addition to my FSX.

I'm up for trying to help sort your issues. Just to make sure to compare to your own FSX setup, I currently have:

FSX:STEAM version (fully updated)
FSUIPC (full version, latest update)
Saitek X-55 Rhino stick and throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals (not the Cessna or combat pedals)

I'm at work at the moment, but later tonight I'm willing to try and copy your control settings and see if I can emulate and/or fix possible issues (i'm in the UK BTW).
Can you write here or pm me with as much detail regarding the actual key and axis bindings you're trying to make work inside FSUIPC and the B377 configurator, and also what your key bindings/axis assignments are within FSX too.
If its possible to send a config file for any of it then that'll make work a bit quicker.

Basically, write back here or pm me when you get a chance..... i'm not making a guarantee i'll have the golden ticket for a fix, but who knows - miracles do happen!

Cheers
Rob
Win10 Home 64bit; i7-8700 3.2GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB, x2 500GB SSD, x1 2TB HDD, Track IR5.
Saitek: X-55, ProPedals, Throttle Quadrant, x2 ProGamer pads; VRInsight TT Panel.

All A2A aircraft, Accufeel and Aircraft Factory Corsair/P-51/Anson.

andqui
Airman First Class

Post by andqui »

Thanks a lot, I have pretty much the exact same setup. I'll send you my FSUIPC config when I get home.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”