No M.A.P.

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
FoMoCo63
Senior Airman

No M.A.P.

Post by FoMoCo63 »

I had the B377, then Accu-sim for the 377 installed for years now (no add-ons or additional textures) bare bone installation, along with the A2A_172 Trainer just installed recently into FSX SP2. I then ran the A2A
updater. I run XP SP3, with correct builds from version 1.0 to 4.0 microsoft .NET Frameworks, Microsoft C++ 2005 to 2010 builds, latest DirectX 9.0C updater.

For the 1st time I noticed now I didn't have any MAP for the 377. I searched the forum here all 7 pages and didn't find my situation here.

I read the "Install Procedures" that were pinned here in the Tech Support for the 377 and I was missing the,
B377 SP1 Update (http://a2asimulations.com/public/update ... im_sp1.zip)
So I downloaded and installed this update. Then ran the updater again.

That solved my MAP problem, but now my Turbo Boost lever is stuck at 55%, and the Take Off/Climb Cruise switches are in-operable. So now I un-installed from the Control Panel the 377 aircraft, and the 377 accu-sim, and rebooted. Installed again the,
- B377 Stratocruiser
- Reboot
- Original B377 Accu-Sim expansion (no longer available to purchase)
- Reboot
- B377 SP1 Update
- Reboot
- A2A Updater
- Reboot
- FSX All realism Settings set as outlined in Manual for 377
- Restart FSX
In this order.

This time when I ran the updater I was told my Update was current for the 377, I thought how could this be I just un-installed from the Control Panel, and reinstalled the aircraft and Accu-sim, and SP1 Update fresh. I checked FSX and the same problem, no Turbo Boost and stuck on 55%, with no operable Take Off/Climb Cruise switches.

Back to the Control Panel uninstalled the 377 aircraft with the 377 Accu-sim again (that's all that was found there), but this time I uninstalled the A2A_172 Trainer this time as well. Did a reboot :)

I searched FSX main folder and found an A2A folder still there with,
-b377 Folder and subfolders filled with files yet
-Cessna 172 folder and subfolders with files
-Shared folder with files
I deleted all.

Then to the SimObjects folder where I still found the,
-WoS_B377 aircraft folder with file(s)
-WoS_B377_Pregnant_Guppy aircraft folder with file(s)
-A2A_C172 aircraft folder with multiple folders and file(s)
I deleted all.

Then to C:\Doc and Settings\User me\My Doc and found'
-A2A folder with Subfolder and files.
I deleted all.

Then to C:\Doc Setting\User Me\App Data\Microsoft\FSX\SimObjects and found,
-WoS_B377 aircraft folder with file
-WoS_B377_Pregnant_Guppy aircraft folder but empty
-A2A_C172 aircraft folder with file.
I deleted all.

After a unistall from the Control Panel I was still left with on my Hard Drive 10 Folders that weren't deleted associated with the A2A product(s) I had installed.

There, now with all A2A products/folders un-installed I did a reboot.
Ran my Wise Fixer Registry Cleaner and did a reboot again, this is where I'm at now.

The A2A_C172 installs fine I'm not worried about this aircraft. Will remain un-installed until the 377 is up and running correctly.

It's the,
-WoS_B377 original aircraft
-B377 Accu-sim for the B377 aircraft

I don't have the COTS upgrade yet so is the B377 SP1 still needed, and need to know the correct procedure for installing now. Thank Rick.
Last edited by FoMoCo63 on 12 Sep 2015, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Turbo and Take Off/Climb Cruise

Post by Jacques »

Rick, the updater (6-28-2015) is supposed to recognize the Accu-sim 377 without the COTS upgrade as a separate product. This is just my interpretation, but I believe that to mean that you can re-install the base 377, then the Accu-sim expansion and then run the updater and you are ready to try it out without needing to load in the SP 1. So just 377 base, Accu-sim then updater.
Make sure you've deleted or removed the 377 .dat files to another location. If your install goes well, then you can try switching in your saved .dat files to see if they work okay or not.

FoMoCo63
Senior Airman

Re: Turbo and Take Off/Climb Cruise

Post by FoMoCo63 »

Thanks Jacques, I still have Major issues though.

So far I'm on my 5th time around with this uninstalling and reinstalling the aircraft to get the MAP working.
I have no MAP, I'm suppose to get 60" of MAP out this aircraft but it just rests on 5" through all power phases. The RPM and Torque Gauges work as should. Once the 6-28-2015 updater is installed the MAP falls out.

With just the aircraft installed I have MAP, but my Turbo Boost Selector Lever is stuck on a preset somehow of 55% and the Turbo Calibration knobs are dialed into some setting as well, and all are frozen and will not move. The Take-Off/Climb Cruise switches are stuck in the Climb Cruise position as well, and will not toggle.
Example below

Now with just the aircraft, and Accu-Sim installed I have MAP, but my Turbo Boost Selector Lever is stuck on a preset somehow of 55% and the Turbo Calibration knobs are dialed into some setting as well, and all are frozen and will not move. The Take-Off/Climb Cruise switches are stuck in the Climb Cruise position as well, and will not toggle. I have exactly the same as outlined above.

Now for the Updater dated 6-28-2015. I have the aircraft installed (rebooted), I have the Accu-Sim installed (rebooted), and now I ran the updater (rebooted). Started FSX, went into cessna172 saved as the default flight, switched to the B377 from there.
-I have no MAP now.
-The Turbo Boost Selector Lever that is preset at 55% now I can move it to 0
-Turbo Calibration Knobs I now can now dial in a 0 setting
-Take Off/Climb Cruise switches are now operable.
-I have no MAP

Usually when any aircraft gets installed your prompted by FSX when selecting that aircraft for the 1st time to accept and use the gauge file the aircraft wants to use. I don't get this prompt at all with the uninstalling and reinstalling I have been doing here.

There seems to me to be something still hiding somewhere after all the uninstalling through the Control Panel, using Custom to ensure all Files and Folders are selected for uninstalling.
The folder searches I have gone through visually, then using the Windows search.
Going into the regedit to find any A2A Wings of Silver B377 Stratocruiser rements I can find.

What I don't understand is a fresh install, but yet I get frozen presets into the Turbo Controller of the B377, along with Take Off/Climb Cruise toggle switches frozen with a functioning MAP. Then when the updater ran No MAP, and functioning Turbo Levers and switches now. Just seems the aircraft is reading from somewhere else.

I'm going to try now taking the fsx,cfg out and let it build a whole new one. See if this helps, I'll keep my fingers crossed yet. Nothing fancy for a joystick just a plain Jane Logitech, that's it.

Update
-Backed up and Built a new fsx.cfg file didn't work
-Backed up b377 log.dat removed from fsx, and aircraft generated a new one, didn't work
-Backed up FSUPIC took out of fsx, didn't work

I need help here.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: No M.A.P.

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

what are your FSX settings and do they match up with the manual?

Thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

FoMoCo63
Senior Airman

Post by FoMoCo63 »

Yes Sir, matching to the manual.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Fire me a PM I've got an idea to try.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

FoMoCo63
Senior Airman

Post by FoMoCo63 »

Thanks Lewis that fix worked just like a charm.
Much appreciated the help to get myself up and running again :)

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Rick or Lewis, do you mind divulging the fix?

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”