Loosing Career Mileage after FSX freeze/crash

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Loosing Career Mileage after FSX freeze/crash

Post by Lewis - A2A »

No it's actually 4Gb that can fill up depending on how intensive you are being with the sim. Does it happen if you don't use the scenery you previously mentioned? And how long into a flight is this happening?

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

Managed to finish a 3 1/2 hour flight with no problems so finally got my first career post. I did put it on pause a couple of times during the flight and went to the A2A folder and did a copy of the dat file that I then saved to another folder I created on the desktop, but never had to use, so don't know if that worked or not.

Thanks for the input everyone...I'll just keep an eye on it and see what happens. If it at least keeps the history that would help.

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

Sorry so long for an update...but I think I'm about 70% there. I have been experimenting with several things to see what was causing the freezes and "fatal error" issues. The fates errors will happen when McAfee updates (I now disable that before flying) and if I use certain menu items during the flight ( I don't access those any more during a flight). The freezes have decreased, but I'm not sure why...and I have found a "work around" that gets it unfroze and I can continue the flight.

I have done up to a 5 1/2 hour flight...and a total of 8 flights, with only a couple of freezes and no fatal error issues.

However, I did, on purpose, paused a flight, did a save and then went to the desktop and did a copy of the log file .dat and saved it with a .bak added extension and then went back to the game and caused it to "fatal error" so I had to do a restart. Loaded the saved .dat. file and loaded the saved flight (it was in the air) and continued the flight to the destination. After passengers were let out (if you don't reload the .dat file your flight continues with no passengers) and checked my career status. My history was there, currant flight time and fuel usage was there but not the milage...it just picked up the mileage from where I re-started the saved flight. This causes the data, for that flight, to show a real high cost for just that flight.

So here is my question...where is the completed milage ( from a current flight) stored? Doesn't seem to be in the .dat file since I re-loaded that and the current flights milage was the only thing missing. If we knew where that was, and could do a save of that, we would never have to worry about a freeze or fatal error again...we could just save a flight, copy and save the necessary files, shut down the PC and start up again from where we left off.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”