Losing joystick throttle

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Losing joystick throttle

Post by AviationAtWar »

I bought the 377 last weekend and have just over 18 hours on the airframe. About five times now and always late in a landing approach I lose throttle response with my Saitek Rumble Force joystick. All other joystick functions work ok, I can look down at the throttle levers and see they don't move so I know it's not an issue with carb icing, etc.

If I catch it in time I can bring the throttles up using F3. When I go to move the joystick throttle it will then respond again, but then I lose any combination of one or all engines with no time to restart them before bellying in. Not good for my career. The joystick works fine with all other aircraft including my Accusim B-17 which I put about 35 hours on in the last few weeks before buying the 377.

Any ideas?

DC3
Technical Sergeant

Re: Losing joystick throttle

Post by DC3 »

The engineer isn't moving the turbos to 0 while you are on approach is he?

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I'm definitely losing control of the throttles because I can look down at the levers and they don't move with the joystick until I move them with F3.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Have you run the latest Accu-sim updater?

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Thanks, Lewis.

Since I bought the plane after the updater had come out I assumed I had the most up to date version but I ran the updater tonight and that wasn't the case. I just had a successful flight after the update so hopefully that will take care of it.

I know this isn't the place to report it but since we're on the subject of updates, my B-17 updated also and one of the bug fixes was for the flaps being damaged and not working but no problems showing in the maintenance hangar. I still have the problem after the update. I'm not flying the B-17 right now so I'm not really worried about it but thought I'd mention it.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”