Parking brake sound and reverse thrust issues

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
americanflyyer
Airman

Re: Parking brake sound and reverse thrust issues

Post by americanflyyer »

I did some more testing. EZCA is not the problem. I uninstalled it and still have the problem. When in external views it works fine, but when in internal views (cockpit or cabin) it stops working and I have to use the parking brake and F3 to get them unstuck. Any ideas, guys?

Also, is there a command for the lua script to repeat the F2 command for a certain amount of time? That way the throttles should move all the way back and give me full reverse thrust.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

In my experience, if I allow the reverse action to bring the aircraft to a stop, or very nearly to a stop, then I will have to use the Parking Brake to get the throttle levers out of the detent. If I use reverse for just a few moments ( the reverse action seems to be very effective in stopping the plane quickly) it comes out (usually) very easily and I continue with the taxi.

So, if you are bringing the plane to a complete, or nearly complete stop, try just using it to just slow you down ( this happens very quickly, so you will need to act quickly with your key assignments) and see if you have better results when you try to bring the props back to normal range.

JP

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

The reverse works as expected in all crew stations on my end. Am I reading you correctly, you created your own views?

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

The reversers are the only thing I'd like to see patched on the b377. I wonder if it cold be done or more importantly would be done in a future update.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

n421nj wrote:The reversers are the only thing I'd like to see patched on the b377. I wonder if it cold be done or more importantly would be done in a future update.
I'm not saying they are perfect but what's wrong with them?

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

americanflyyer wrote:-SNIP-

Also, is there a command for the lua script to repeat the F2 command for a certain amount of time? That way the throttles should move all the way back and give me full reverse thrust.
My Lua script sends a series of F2's to achieve full reverse. I set the number by experimentation
on my setup a couple of years ago. Likewise, the exit reverse script sends a series of
F3's to move the throttles out of the reverse zone.

I just had a look at the enter reverse script. It sends 1 F1 to put the throttles at idle and
then sends 3 F2's, delays 50ms and repeats that sequence 12 more times for a total of
36 F2 keystrokes.

Exit sends one F3, delays 50 ms and then sends another F3 and delays 50 ms. This sequence is
repeated 13 more times for a total of 28 F3 keystrokes.

The Lua scripts can easily be edited with Notepad to change the number of keystrokes
that are sent. I'm not sure why I send 36 F2's and only 28 F3's but on my system that
works. It is possible that the 'extra' F2's just insure that the throttles are full back to
the maximum reverse position and that only 28 F3's are needed to bring them out of that zone.

EDIT: As far as an issue with the reverse behavior, only a few seem to suffer from the issue.
There seems that there must be some system configuration interaction at play here as
the majority do not see this problem. Since I don't see the issue I can't dig in top find
a dependency.

Paul

americanflyyer
Airman

Post by americanflyyer »

@JP: I tried that, too. It doesn't make any difference whether I stop the plane or keep rolling.

@Rob: All I did was create a few viewpoint with EZdok Camera, like I have with every other plane. I have views for the overhead panel, pilot's position, flight engineers station and others. The reverse works fine in every view that does not show engine instruments. I can look ath the overhead and they work, I can look at the power levers and they work, I can select any outside view by pressing 's' and they work fine, but I cannot look at the engine instruments. And I also cannot be in passenger view (you know,when you'er in the cockpit and press shift+s once). Then the levers get stuck on idle when exiting reverse. Then I have to use the parking brake and F3, or, which I just discovered a minute ago, changing the view to one of the working views get's them unstuck, too. I uninstalled EZdok to see if that was the problem, but it wasn't. They still would get stuck on cockpit and passenger view and work fine when seeing the plane from the outside. This behaviour is 100% reproducible.
//EDIT: Actually, I don't even have to pull reverse. Sometimes Going to idle is enough to get the throttles stuck.

@Paul: I know they can be edited easily, I just have no idea about the syntax. On my system they don't go into reverse completely. maybe I'll play around with the scripts a little to see if I can get them into full reverse.
//Edit: In the script for entering reverse I increased the number to 25. Now they are going into full reverse reliably.

Thanks guys

americanflyyer
Airman

Post by americanflyyer »

I was getting annoyed with that, so I re-installed the 377. I installed the two files that came with the download an tested it. And guess what, it worked. Then I installed the updater, dated 09/26, and after that the old problems returned. Throttles get stuck at idle again. Maybe that narrows down the possible causes for the problem?

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”