Mapping Controls to VRInsight MCP Combo with Linda/FSUIPC

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
Stuart
Airman First Class

Mapping Controls to VRInsight MCP Combo with Linda/FSUIPC

Post by Stuart »

Hello

Could anyone help me with a few issues I'm having with mapping some of the controls of the Strat to the VRInsight MCP Combo 2 please?

I am using Linda but have only just started and I'm probably missing quite a lot! I have managed to map a button to turn on the Rudder Boost alright so quite pleased with that! I'm having difficulty with the control lock though - does anyone know what Lua script I can use to toggle this on and off. I have made it move but it always springs back to being on again. If I move the controls back when I toggle it off, it stays off but I can't get it to go back on again, even with the controls pushed forward.

Another issue I am having is the Gyro drift settings. I have mapped this to a rotary on the C172 and that works perfectly. I'm just using the standard FSX functions Gyro Drift Inc, Gyro Drift Dec and Gyro Drift Set. However on the B377 this seems to only move the needle on the compass repeater, not the heading indicator. When I log the FSX controls in Linda, the same control is sent when I rotate the Gyro drift knob with the mouse (the one that's under the HI) and when I turn my rotary on the switch panel (but that only moves the compass repeater needle). So that seems a bit strange!

Finally, I am trying to map an axis to control the reverse thrust but all it seems to do is waggle about a bit when I move it. Is it possible to use an axis as a reverser on the B377 or is that just not possible?

I realise these are not technical issues with the Strat but wasn't sure where else to post this. Thought I'd try these boards first before trying at the Linda forums as there may be some people here using Linda with the Strat here.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Stu.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”