fsx freezes when taxiing b377

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
londuncombe
Airman Basic

fsx freezes when taxiing b377

Post by londuncombe »

After a couple of years without any problems this has happened to me several time now. I can be parked for several hours without a problem, but about 10 minutes into taxiing with the B377onto the runway FSX freezes - audio still running but everything else frozen. In the resource monitor FSX is indicated as still running but analyzing the wait chain indicates two FSX threads are "waiting to finish network I/O". Upon terminating the threads FSX closes.

This only happens with the B377/COTS expansion. I reinstalled the B377/COTS, have reinstalled all updates and have tried different airports. I uninstalled Macaffee and am now using Windows Defender, without success. Oddly enough I loaded FSX on the active runway last night and took off without taxiing and had a nice three hour flight from YBAS to AYTK. Tried taxiing this morning and FSX froze. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am very much a pre-jet aviator and the 377/COTS has to be the best radial simulation out there! :(

I am running FSX expansion Win 7/64 using Steve's DX10 Fixer, and my memory usage is less than 2 gigs. Could DX10 be an issue here? That is about the only thing I have changed over the past few months.

Thank you for your help.

Lon Duncombe

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: fsx freezes when taxiing b377

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Double check everything you have changed since it started occurring. Esp any sound driver updates or hardware driver changes.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

londuncombe
Airman Basic

Post by londuncombe »

I upgraded my NVidia drivers - could that have been it?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes this could be the issue, its hard to say. But programs tend not to go from working to not working without something being amiss. Aside from the 3d drivers (I'm also nvid user and have updated all ok) is there anything else that has changed on your system?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”