Career mode handling of repeat takeoffs due to game crashes?

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
BraselC5048
Airman First Class

Career mode handling of repeat takeoffs due to game crashes?

Post by BraselC5048 »

Well, my last flight was actually the first one where career mode actually recorded me as having done a flight at all. This was after a flight with no freezes or crashes, just multiple cases of saved, quit and reloaded, that didn't log me as having made a flight at all.

Now for my next flight (after the first flight that was recorded in the log), I saved before takeoff, and the game crashed sometime around climbing through 15000 ft. :roll: If I load the saved flight, I'll have to repeat the takeoff.

SInce I want to have my flight actually recorded in the captain's log, what's the recommended way to proceed? Just repeat the takeoff? Use a backed up file of some kind? (I have a complete backup from before passengers were loaded) Unload the passengers, then start a new flight? It's worth pointing out that doing a flight of any real length is beyond one sitting for me, even if I can find the time - laptop graphic card heating issues, if nothing else, and I don't have the time to complete a flight in one sitting anyway.

On a somewhat unrelated note:
Another bug on this flight - the first time I started it (new flight in the main FSX screen), the fuel was left over from the last flight, but even though it played the sound, the payload manager wouldn't change the fuel level in the tanks. Since I had only clicked "cold start" before trying to load the fuel (no passengers, they were unloaded at the end of the previous flight), I simply started the flight again. That fixed it, and triggered two more "new flights" attempting to fix an annoying camera zoom bug (almost certainly nothing to do whatsoever with anything related to A2A products), after which the third new flight (fourth total, I think) fixed the zoom problem.

I have windows 7, OpusFSX and SImPhysics installed, if it might make any difference.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Career mode handling of repeat takeoffs due to game cras

Post by Scott - A2A »

In the event of a crash, I would always revert back to a prior data file. Your career is saved in your Windows / DOCUMENTS / A2A/ FSX / 377 folder. Every time you load a flight, a backup is generated and the last five are saved. To revert back to a previously saved state, for example, exit FSX, go to the folder listed above, and replace your 377log.dat with any of the 377log.bat.bak files.

Regarding the bug you mentioned, if i understand correctly, it sounds like reloading the plane fixed the issue?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”