Strange issues, and meals not being served

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
BraselC5048
Airman First Class

Strange issues, and meals not being served

Post by BraselC5048 »

First off, I'd like to say that I have the weathered cockpit and weather ships mods installed, which I doubt has anything to do with it. I also usually save and return to later a couple of times each flight, so that might have something to do with it. My last flight, I accidentally ruined the flight plan (via weatherships gauge), and loaded an earlier save of the flight. It went fine at first, but then ALL of the virtual crew went away, sounds wise at least. Oddly, Heidi did say "we're all done back here" after the passengers were unloaded, as well as passenger chatter, but nothing else the previous few hours, not even crew warnings. Oddly, after unloading the passengers, the captain's log didn't even say I had done a flight at all.

The next flight fixed the problem, at least - the crew is back, but there's no telling how the flight recording works, since I'm still several flight hours from the end of it. Is installing the 1.1 update in the middle of a flight (with FSX NOT running, of course, but with it saved and exited) a bad idea?

Second, I've never had Heidi serve a meal after the 1.1 update (except the usual tea etc.), and "meals" is selected. This might just be a time issue - what (aircraft) times are meals served? I've flown from about 8 am to about 11 am, and from 12:30 pm to about 3 or 4 pm.

EDIT: I also have SIm Physics X installed.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Strange issues, and meals not being served

Post by Scott - A2A »

Try a flight starting at 11am. Cruise at 12,000 feet. Lunch should be served sometime between noon and 1pm.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

The only thing I would add, anytime I do an update, or install something new, I finish the install, open up FSX to the start screen to "ok" any new dll"s or modules, then shut down. Only then do I restart FSX for actual flying. More often than not, if I fail to do this, I get strange behaviours from either the aircraft I've loaded, or FSX itself.

JP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Scott - A2A wrote:Try a flight starting at 11am. Cruise at 12,000 feet. Lunch should be served sometime between noon and 1pm.
I've started a flight as late as 11:30 AM and flew at 2,500 feet and had lunch served. PAYA to PASI, testing the weather engine. Passengers had just enough time to finish the meal.

Hook

BraselC5048
Airman First Class

Post by BraselC5048 »

Looks like I was on the ground at Gander during lunch. What time is breakfast and dinner served?

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Breakfast: 7.30 - 9am
Lunch: 11.30 - 1.30pm
Dinner: 7 - 9pm

There are also some late night drinks and snacks too.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Yeah, yeah, I wanna complain about the menu. For the plane being the most luxurious thing in the skies for the time it was flying, the meals are a bit pedestrian. I mean, roast beef sandwiches for lunch?

The best meal I've seen so far is roast turkey. Where's the pheasant under glass?? Cheese and crackers instead of caviar? No pate?

I realize that today you're lucky to get peanuts, and you may even be charged for those. But in the 50s we're ferrying the well-known and well-off to no-doubt important meetings on other continents. This ain't Ryan Air, y'know!

:D

Hook

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Scratch and sniff cards corresponding to all the potential menus for a more immersive environment? I think we need this. Let's see...Mmmmm, mac and cheese! :)

JP

BraselC5048
Airman First Class

Post by BraselC5048 »

Ohh, so the roast beef sandwiches Heidi served was lunch. :oops: Doesn't "serving meals" show up on window 2?, I think? I also seemed to have timed my flight pretty badly with regards to meals.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

The "meals" option in window 3 is to inhibit the preparation of meals if you need to ( i.e. just before landing), or to end the service more quickly if a meal is already in progress.

JP

BraselC5048
Airman First Class

Post by BraselC5048 »

What do you know, Heidi served dinner at 5:30 pm or so aircraft time, right after we made landfall over the Irish coast. I don't think anyone will complain about this dinner. Grilled filet migion (I'm told that's steak) with mashed potatoes, and butter fried peas? (I'm not sure exactly). :D
Apparently Accu-sim is a mind reader, with boston cream pie for desert!

Of course, the steak might be a little off compared to what passengers are used to, since after all the had to cook it at 7,700 ft cabin altitude (29,000 ft actual altitude - highest yet!).

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

BraselC5048 wrote:What do you know, Heidi served dinner at 5:30 pm or so aircraft time, right after we made landfall over the Irish coast. I don't think anyone will complain about this dinner. Grilled filet migion (I'm told that's steak) with mashed potatoes, and butter fried peas? (I'm not sure exactly). :D
Apparently Accu-sim is a mind reader, with boston cream pie for desert!

Of course, the steak might be a little off compared to what passengers are used to, since after all the had to cook it at 7,700 ft cabin altitude (29,000 ft actual altitude - highest yet!).
Microwave ovens! NO! In those days (1967) it was the Amana Radar Range. Tappan introduced the technology in 1955 according to Wiki. I suspect most of the foods were pre-prepared before flight and final preparation was all that was done on-board. You don't exactly have time to roast a turkey (unless on a trans-continental flight).

Filet mignon sounds pretty good, actually. :) I forgot about getting that one once. It's quite good in real life.

Hook

BraselC5048
Airman First Class

Post by BraselC5048 »

More menu items - for breakfast we had eggs with sausage links and buttered toast, and for lunch turkey club sandwiches. The nest flight, breakfast was simpler, scrambled eggs.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”