Can't call up COS panels

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
Jrazz
Airman

Can't call up COS panels

Post by Jrazz »

Opps! Sorry. I forgot to add a subject line to my last post so I'll have to repeat it.

To wit - I just reinstalled The B377 with COS and now I can't call up the various COS panels, "Live Engineer, Captain's Log" etc."

All that happens are black panels that flash on the screen momentarily and then are gone. I didn't do anything differently than I usually did when I had to reinstall the B377 before, so I can't figure out what's wrong this time. :?

Ernest Wimberly
Airman First Class

Re: Can't call up COS panels

Post by Ernest Wimberly »

Reinstall FSX Accereration Pack.

Sounds as if you have my old problem exactly.
Don't forget you must reinstall both WOS and COTS.
My problem did not go away untill I reinstalled FSX Acceleration Pack. That also corrected my prop reverse problem too. Unfortunately My prop reverse problem came back as soon as I installed COTS update 1.1. Just one of those things that we must live with.
All said tho, if you aren't running acceleration pack I can't give you much help.
Cliff

Jrazz
Airman

Post by Jrazz »

Thanks Cliff,
But I have installed FSX sp2 and it worked with that all along. But you've given me a heads-up. I'll try reinstalling fsx sp2
and see if that does the job.

Ernest Wimberly
Airman First Class

Post by Ernest Wimberly »

Hey Jrazz,
If you have reinstalled WOS and COTS do not install SP1 or SP2. The fixes they provide are included in COTS. What you must do is to reinstall Flight Simulator FSX Accereration pack.
Accereration Expansion Pack is one of the three disks that came with the FSX Gold Edition when you bought it.
As for me I just went ahead and reinstalled all 3 disks and all worked fine.
Cliff

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Whilst this is an FSX fault and can be fixed with a reinstall it can sometimes be fixed with less drastic measures. Heres a few things to try before the whole reinstall issue;

Fix simconnect;
Miscosoft FSX Simconnect is necessary for all advanced programming to work properly. It can get corrupt from time to time and needs to be restored.

How to fix SimConnect:
You can test if simconnect is working by opening up the default Cessna 172 and check to see if you have gauges. If you do not have gauges, then SimConnect is probably not working.

AUTOMATIC
- Run the Microsoft DirectX installer here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
- Run the Microsoft FSX Simconnect installer here: http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi
- Reboot your computer

Repair FSX
Run the repair function of the FSX discs to try to fix the installation and any corrupt FSX files.

Reinstall FSX SP2
Reinstall the FSX Service Pack 2 or even both Service packs

The important part is to always install as admin (In windows Vista and beyond 64bit right click the select run as admin) and to restart the system after the installation.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Jrazz
Airman

Post by Jrazz »

Thanks for your replies guys. I've got it working.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”