COTS update 1.1

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
new reply
Ernest Wimberly
Airman First Class

COTS update 1.1

Post by Ernest Wimberly »

Hey Guys,
I installed update 1.1 a while back all was fine except that I lost the ability to power up the engines and taxi off the runway after reversing the props untill I came to a complete stop and set the parking brake.
At the time I did not know that 1.1 was the culprit untill I had to reinstall WOS and COTS. After the reinstall all was fine. I could land , reverse props, click F3. power the engines up and continue to taxi to the gates. I have been flying for a couple of months now without the update.
I would like to be able to use update 1.1 because it is advertised to
to fix and improve alot of things but I do not want to lose the ability
to power up the engines and continue to taxi after reversing the props.
Does anyone have an answer to this delima?
Thanx Cliff

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: COTS update 1.1

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Best bet is too install it and see what happens. It should work as normal

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

dacamp66
Senior Airman

Post by dacamp66 »

standard practice whenever you update an aircraft is to (re)run the latest accusim core update as the very last action due to the fact that some aircraft updates overwrite some accusim core files; failure to do this can screw up the handling of the aircraft and/or other a2a aircraft.
Orville's law: when the altitude of the ground at your current location exceeds the altitude of your aircraft, you have most assuredly crashed.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

dacamp66 wrote:standard practice whenever you update an aircraft is to (re)run the latest accusim core update as the very last action due to the fact that some aircraft updates overwrite some accusim core files; failure to do this can screw up the handling of the aircraft and/or other a2a aircraft.
That only applies to the Accu-sim core aircraft. Not to the B377.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ernest Wimberly
Airman First Class

Hey Lewis,
I did as you said and reinstalled COTS update v.1.1.
I again lost the ability to power back up after reversing the props. As soon as the plane stops I must set the parking brake then I can power up and taxi away normally.
Untill the parking brake is set nothing will make the throttles come out of ground idle except the F2 key and that puts the props back into reverse.
Is it possible for me to uninstall v.1.1 without having to reinstall WOS+COTS?

Cliff

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Rather than come to a full stop with parking brake have you tried tapping the keys?

thanks,
Lewis

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Clifff, I have good luck getting them back over the stops if I don't reverse until the planes stops. The props in reverse are so strong that just a quick excursion into reverse slows the plane down dramatically. I've landed successfully on some very short strips using this technique.

JP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

dacamp66
Senior Airman

Post by dacamp66 »

not sure what the procedure is for the b377 specifically, but with many large aircraft equipped with reverse thrust you get out of reverse well before the aircraft stops (usually 60 knots gs +/- 10-15 knots with many modern tubeliners) to reduce the risk of F.O.D. and other damage.
Orville's law: when the altitude of the ground at your current location exceeds the altitude of your aircraft, you have most assuredly crashed.

Ernest Wimberly
Airman First Class

Thanks Guys,
I have tried all of the above. I have tapped F3 to get over the stops. I have popped into reverse briefly and come out at 60knts or so and tried to power up ect all was no joy.
Only by resetting the parking brake can I take control of the throttles and power back up.
Good news :) . I have developed a work around.
I can land, go through the normal SOP for prop reverse. While the plane is still rolling at 50knts or so I engage the parking brake momentarily. I can then throttle up release the parking brake and continue to taxi under power. I know, it sounds busy and it is a pain in the ass but it works as long as I keep all in sequence.
Still don't have the slightest idea of how the parking brake has anything to do with the throttle stops, or for that matter update v.1.1 :?
Cliff

RonnieDuck
Airman First Class

Post by RonnieDuck »

This is a well known issue. Many topics are written about this, still for me also no solution.

I also put the parking brakes on for a short periode, power up and release them again, and continue taxiing.

I've learn to deal with it. the rest of the plane is super!

regards Ronald

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”