Panel lighting [solved]

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
MetaMarty
Airman Basic

Re: Panel lighting [solved]

Post by MetaMarty »

I got it now. For some reason, I figured that if I bought the full package instead of the upgrade, it would be a complete aircraft, and only installing the update does give you a complete aircraft that is usable, but it misses the effect files.
Simmarket now makes it clear that you must install the base aircraft first, which does contain the effect files.
I reinstalled the base aircraft, then the upgrade and now the effect files are there and I have my panel lighting back.
The flight log still seems to be intact, so it's all well now.

Thanks,

Marty

Krycekuk
Staff Sergeant

Post by Krycekuk »

Glad you got that one all sorted out :)
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero mb
Intel i7 6700K 4 Core @4.5GHz
850 Pro 512Gb SSD for Win 10 64 bit, 1Tb M2 for MSFS
Corsair Vengeance 32Gb DDR4 3000
nVidia 2070 Super
TrackIR 5, Honeycomb controls, Saitek panels
Every A2A Accu-sim aircraft

Rotate
Airman Basic

Post by Rotate »

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, and I don't know how to solve it.
Some days ago, I purchased two produtcs, "wings of silver stratocruiser" and "Captain of the ship for B377" at simmarket. They came with 1 file, wos_b377_v2_full.exe. My panel lights either do not work, there are just the two dome lights in the cockpit. I looked for the mentioned effect files, they are missing. Were the files simply forgotten in the package? Assuming that this package should contain the base model and all necessary files I really don't know what to do now and need help!

Thanks in advance!

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

Rotate wrote:Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, and I don't know how to solve it.
Some days ago, I purchased two produtcs, "wings of silver stratocruiser" and "Captain of the ship for B377" at simmarket. They came with 1 file, wos_b377_v2_full.exe. My panel lights either do not work, there are just the two dome lights in the cockpit. I looked for the mentioned effect files, they are missing. Were the files simply forgotten in the package? Assuming that this package should contain the base model and all necessary files I really don't know what to do now and need help!

Thanks in advance!
You should have two different installers, one for the basic Stratocruiser, and one for the Cots upgrade. If you don't you might want to check into that.
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

Rotate
Airman Basic

Post by Rotate »

Yep, that's it! I didn't realize that there were two packages. Now everything is running properly. Thank you very much! :D

Bellc09
Airman

Post by Bellc09 »

Same issue. I had the COTS installed a few months back, just reinstalled the other day. Now I don't have the panel lighting. I checked for the mentioned files, not present, effect not visible from outside view. I did install the base aircraft, then the update, then the core update. Did this a couple times after a couple uninstalls, nothing.

I did notice that during the installation, when the directX installer opens, I always get a failed. Says another directX application is open. I've rebooted multiple times and went into the task manager, can't find any processes open related to directX (to my knowledge at least).
Image - Image - Image

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Which update did you install? All you need do is to run the updater to get ALL updates.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Bellc09
Airman

Post by Bellc09 »

I installed the base aircraft (version 2 I believe), update 1.1 and the latest core update.

Will running the updater fix the missing effects though? That seems to be the issue. The base aircraft isnt installing those files
Image - Image - Image

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

You will want to install the aircraft then COTs the. Simply run the updater to update these products. No other updates are required.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”