Axis assignmment problem and other findings (on my system)

A place for technical help setting up your Stratocruiser with FSX
Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Axis assignmment problem and other findings (on my system)

Post by Nico081 »

Another problem accured:

After assigning now the four individual throttles via FSUIPC to my Saitek quadrants, and assigned my turbo lever via B377 config tool (only working if using it out of FSX/A2A/B377/tools folder), thottles and turbo axis worked correctly. When restarting FSX or the computer i have problems with my four throttle axis. They work correctly expecting "idle" position. Moving throttles back to idle and reaching idle position, the levers jump into 50% thrust position. Turbo lever works correctly. To solve that throttle jump i have to delete the turbo assignment in B377 config tool.

Any idea?
Last edited by Nico081 on 04 Jul 2011, 09:56, edited 3 times in total.
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Axis assignmment problem

Post by lonewulf47 »

Why do you assing the throttles through FSUIPC? As far as I know the B377 does not make use of FSUIPC nor is it required. Before I assigned 2 throttles each through the Axis Configurator (a much better solution, belive me :lol: ) I had also used 4 individual throttles but commonly assigned through FSX. Those worked perfectly.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Hi Oskar,

i deleted all throttle assignments in FSX as a base using accurate assignments via FSUIPC for throttles, mixture and props with my two throttle quadrants. So i am able to assign "every" addon aircraft, which are all differend in assigning methods. If i would use every individual aicraft tools and assigning methods i would get into massive trouble and assignment errors with all my high quality addons. I am wondering why the 377 is doing it as difficult, no problems like this with thr rest of a2a Accusim products. The B17 works fine also.
Thats why i don´t want to go back using FSX internel axis assignemnts of axis, i am going into trouble. I also think using the 377 config tool to set throttles ( two engines by one lever), du to single engine troubles. I bought two of throttle quadrants to manage individually engine inputs on ground, compensating different engine output power and be able to react for engine failures. I wonder why B17 is working like that but the 377 not?

Is it possible that this 377 config tool works not correct, influencing my throttles jump to 50% at idle (cut) ? If i do not assign the turbo lever in this tool my FSUIPC-throttles works fine. I mean if i open the config tool i see my "preview" position of turbo lever at about 50% instead of 0%. Are these the "magic" 50% which maybe the error transferring to throttles?
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

I have assigned all my throttles via FSUIPC and have absolutely no issues with it!
I have also assigned the turbo lever vie the IC!

So I don't think that it is an issue with the B377 ...

Maybe you could try to delete the axisConfig and reassign it new ... maybe there where some issues.

If this does not resolve the proble, please make a screenshot of your FSUIPC menu where we can see what and how you have assigned your throttles there.
Next question: do you have axis unassigned in FSX?

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Hi,

yes, all axis are deleted in FSX. In FSX Every quadrant, and the Joystick input command is deleted, in normal and also slew mode.
Never had souch a problem with other addons, B17 works fine with same FSUIPC settings, for example. I continue trying next few hours to find any solution.

Ok i try to rebuild the axisConfig.cfg first.
P3D v3.2

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Good thing, Günter

rebuilding the axisConfig.cfg made it working correctly...good man! :wink:

Edit: After a few minutes in cockpit same problem accures again. After rebuilding axisConfig.cfg it works only for a few minutes, then the problem of throttle jumping to 50% comes back
Last edited by Nico081 on 03 Jul 2011, 11:32, edited 2 times in total.
P3D v3.2

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

Glad that I could help!!!

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Edited my post above, after some minutes in cockpit problem accures again.
P3D v3.2

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

have you assigned any reverser thingies with FSUIPC???

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

No, also removed turbo lever assignment in B377 config tool. Mixture, power levers (expecting prop revers) and master prop sync lever works fine.
P3D v3.2

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

Then maybe please a screenshot of your FSUIPC axis assign menu ...

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Hey again,

give me little time to check some settings. The problem seems to be from time to time. For the moment i have my engines running first time while reading the manuals, i continue finding my problem tomorrow.
P3D v3.2

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Throttles jumping to 50% when setting idle position
Ok for the moment after seven times restarting computer and jump into the cockpit i found out that i have throttles jumping to 50% from time to time again, only when i move my levers in cut (idle) position. When i crack the throttles for starting the engines the position of levers is ok. Sometimes entering the cockpit and it works fine for the first time, at later cockpit preperation the problem comes back.When engines are running the problem is solved and i am able to go into cut position without jumping levers to 50%. It has nothing to do with any friction brake.

Engine Start button, no reaction
Another finding is that from seven times loading fsx i was six times unable to start the engines manually. Boost, start and prime button are moving, but without any effect to the system. All is prepared by myself or by FE, in both situations no engaging starter. At this time "Autostart" worked only sometimes, sometimes also no reaction and no engaging starter using autostart.

Permanent illuminated door warning light - solved
I am a little bit confusing about all these small things so that i reinstalled B377 + COTS full, before i deleted also the B377log and tried again. Now boarding works better with much more sounds, and my permanent illuminated door warning light now light extinguished when all doors and windows are closed.

I have hundreds of FH in accusim products and especially the B17 sometimes makes problems on startup (engines hanging at 500RPM, prop pitch runup proccedure sometimes let the props get hang in coarse pitch with no chance getting them back into fine pitch, sometimes i can not get Heidi into my Cub etc.)
These problems accures when preselecting "cold start" in 2D panel. Due to this i unfortunately carefully use my loved "cold start".
Also here at B377, but the engine start button do not react using cold start or not. It is also independent loading standard flight wit a cessna first or directly the B377. It is also independent if i have activated my FE doing the preperation in all systems or not. Career mode is OFF.

Missing information about what is FE´s Job
As i started reading the manuals i was not able to know what and in what conditions systems are influenced by the FE. While reading the checklists for my flight there where checks for Captain, FO, and FE. And what should i do? Ok i have no FO so i do the Captain and the FO checks, my FE is activated and shotld do his checks. But no, i realized that i have to do everything by my own while deactivating FE to get all the switches under control. Now i was asking myself what is he doing in flight? A little bit clear Information in the checklist would be fine :D
Until now i am not absolutely happy about B377 COTS as i was with the other products :wink:

Ok i know, in accusim products (the very best in market) you have to be careful writing to much problems in your forum when using an addon only for two days is not the right way. You have to have a good basic knowledge about systems and training the expirience to solve own made problems. But some things maybe could be detected by your team as an addon- problem. Without feedback from users there is no chance to get them to know.
Last edited by Nico081 on 04 Jul 2011, 08:23, edited 2 times in total.
P3D v3.2

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Nico081 wrote:
Another finding is that from seven times loading fsx i was six times unable to start the engines manually. Boost, start and prime button are moving, but without any effect to the system. All is prepared by myself or by FE, in both situations no engaging starter. At this time "Autostart" worked only sometimes, sometimes also no reaction and no engaging starter using autostart.

Nico081

Did you check to make sure the Master Switch is on? The reason I ask us that you don't mention it. The FE preps the aircraft up to the point of ready to start, but he does not turn on the Master Switch.

FAC
FAC257

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

FAC257 wrote:
Nico081 wrote:

Nico081

Did you check to make sure the Master Switch is on? The reason I ask us that you don't mention it. The FE preps the aircraft up to the point of ready to start, but he does not turn on the Master Switch.

FAC

Hi,

yes, the "tripple" master switch is on as in the checklist. I dont know the wiring, but i think it is a master ignition switch. If this master switch would be of, the starter should turn independently. If it is a starter system switch maybe nothing works. But i activated that switch, yes.
P3D v3.2

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Tech Support”