Fellow Misfits: The "Rain Run" is an annual Washington State BMW Riders motorcycle ride, done as a sort of "Spring Opener," from Pugetropolis down to Manzanita, Oregon. On Friday, April 28th, at about 08:00, I'll ride my BMW R1250RS from my secret headquarters in the Snoqualmie Valley to meet some of the Hog Ridin' Fools at the parking lot of South Sound BMW in Fife. We'll get some of that fine SoSo coffee, and then head out towards Manzanita. We'll come back home on Sunday. Here's a link to a "ride report" I posted on the WSBMWR web site after the 2022 Rain Run: https://wsbmwr.org/2022/05/a-fools-view ... -rain-run/.
Our flight next Sunday will be a "pre-run" of the 2023 Rain Run. Some of the guys come from the Bellingham area, so we'll start at Bellingham, Intl (KBLI) and fly down to Nehalem Bay State Airport (3S7). I'll be in my Cessna 182, which is neither a slow GA or a fast GA. Guess it's a half-fast GA (say that ten times real fast). The trip will not be a "direct boogie;" as we'll be flying the Olympic Peninsula scenic route, via Anacortes, Port Angeles, Sekiu, Quillayute, Westport, Ilwaco, and Seaside. There will be a plethora of airports for touch & go practice.
The flight is 255 nautical miles, and will take about 2 h 01 m in my Cessna 182. I recommend a Comanche or Bonanza if you don't have a Cessna 182, as the time should work out pretty well if you t&g at most of the airports along the way.
Meet at: 1830z for a 1900z departure.
Meet on: Digital Theme Park on JoinFS.
Comms through A2A Discord channel.
Start at: Bellingham Intl Airportt (KBLI).
Local takeoff time: 1200, 23-Mar-2023
Weather: Live, unless the weather is particularly crappy. In that eventuality we'll pick a better historical date, or just go with default fair weather.
Here's the flight plan on SkyVector: https://skyvector.com/?ll=47.2682340735 ... 056S%203S7
I'll post the LNV flight plan on Discord.
Sunday 23-Apr-2023 The Rain Run
For those who love to fly in multiplayer
1 post • Page 1 of 1
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- General Discussion
- ↳ Pilot's Lounge
- ↳ Flight Academy
- ↳ Repainters
- ↳ Multiplayer
- Captain of the Ship (COTS)
- ↳ Boeing 377 Stratocruiser
- ↳ Boeing 377 Tech Support
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Constellation
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support
- ↳ Bonanza "V-Tail"
- ↳ Bonanza Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support
- ↳ T-6 "Texan"
- ↳ T-6 "Texan" Tech Support
- ↳ C182 Skylane
- ↳ C182 Skylane Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support
- ↳ C172 Trainer
- ↳ C172 Trainer Tech Support
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support
- ↳ P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)
- ↳ P-51 Tech Support
- ↳ P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P-40 Tech Support
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support
- ↳ B-17 Flying Fortress
- ↳ P-47 Razorback
- Accu-Feel: Global Sim Enhancement
- ↳ Accu-Feel General Discussion
- ↳ Accu-Feel Technical Support
- ↳ Accu-Feel Development & Feedback
- for FSX (other)
- ↳ A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX
- ↳ P40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P51 Mustang
- ↳ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4
- ↳ Supermarine Spitfire MKI
- ↳ P47 Thunderbolt
- ↳ WWII FIGHTERS
- Aircraft Factory (a division of A2A Simulations)
- ↳ P-51H "High Performance Mustang"
- ↳ Avro 504K
- ↳ Avro Anson MKI
- ↳ Albatros D.III (Oeffag)
- ↳ Heinkel He-219 "Uhu"
- ↳ F4U Corsair
- for FS2004
- ↳ North American P51 "Mustang"
- ↳ Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"
- ↳ Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"
- ↳ Focke Wulf "Long Nose"
- ↳ Heinkel He 219 "Owl"
- ↳ Heavy Bombers and Jets
- ↳ Wings of POWER Technical Support
- Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
- ↳ BOB2 General Discussion
- ↳ BOB2 Technical Support
- ↳ BOB2 FAQ FORUM
- ↳ FirePower General Discussion
- ↳ FirePower Technical Support
- ↳ Other Sim News
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests