On December 7, 1941, bombs fell and gunfire erupted at the air bases and airfields scattered across Oahu. Without a fleet of aerial fighters, the United States would be unable to contest Japan’s assault on the naval base at Pearl Harbor. Among the attackers’ main targets were the P-40 fighters on the ground at Hickam, Wheeler, and Ewa, and Japanese fighters and bombers didn’t hesitate to take them out of service. Though Japan’s aircraft moved quickly on the airfields, several P-40s were able to take off among the madness. George Welch and Kenneth Taylor were two of the pilots who sought to defend their nation from the aloft, and while they were overwhelmed by the number of Japanese fighters, their P-40s withstood the attack. Before having to ground themselves amidst the chaos, Welch and Taylor were both able to shoot down multiple Japanese aircraft.
OK - these aren't P-40B's. So sue me.
We fly some variation of this in commemoration of that Day of Infamy each year about this time. This year we will dial back the timer just a bit and fly a training mission that might have taken place on Thursday, December 4, 1941. The Japanese carriers were already on their way, but we have no idea that they're coming. We'll take off from Wheeler Field (PHHI) on Oahu and fly to land or shoot touch-and-goes at several auxiliary fields. We'll end up at Barking Sands (PHBK) on Kauai.
We'll fly P-40s. The flight is 399 nm and will take about 1 hour and 51 minutes.
Meet at: 1830z for a 1900z departure.
Meet on: Digital Theme Park on JoinFS.
Comms through A2A Discord channel.
Start at: Wheeler Field (PHHI).
Local takeoff time: 0900, 4-Dec-1941.
Weather: Historic for local time when you show up on 4-Dec 2022.
Here's the flight plan on SkyVector: https://skyvector.com/?ll=21.7523570719 ... HDH%20PHBK
I'll post the LNV flight plan on Discord.
Sunday 4-Dec-22 P-40s over Hawaii
For those who love to fly in multiplayer
1 post • Page 1 of 1
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- General Discussion
- ↳ Pilot's Lounge
- ↳ Flight Academy
- ↳ Repainters
- ↳ Multiplayer
- Captain of the Ship (COTS)
- ↳ Boeing 377 Stratocruiser
- ↳ Boeing 377 Tech Support
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Constellation
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support
- ↳ Bonanza "V-Tail"
- ↳ Bonanza Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support
- ↳ T-6 "Texan"
- ↳ T-6 "Texan" Tech Support
- ↳ C182 Skylane
- ↳ C182 Skylane Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support
- ↳ C172 Trainer
- ↳ C172 Trainer Tech Support
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support
- ↳ P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)
- ↳ P-51 Tech Support
- ↳ P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P-40 Tech Support
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support
- ↳ B-17 Flying Fortress
- ↳ P-47 Razorback
- Accu-Feel: Global Sim Enhancement
- ↳ Accu-Feel General Discussion
- ↳ Accu-Feel Technical Support
- ↳ Accu-Feel Development & Feedback
- for FSX (other)
- ↳ A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX
- ↳ P40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P51 Mustang
- ↳ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4
- ↳ Supermarine Spitfire MKI
- ↳ P47 Thunderbolt
- ↳ WWII FIGHTERS
- Aircraft Factory (a division of A2A Simulations)
- ↳ P-51H "High Performance Mustang"
- ↳ Avro 504K
- ↳ Avro Anson MKI
- ↳ Albatros D.III (Oeffag)
- ↳ Heinkel He-219 "Uhu"
- ↳ F4U Corsair
- for FS2004
- ↳ North American P51 "Mustang"
- ↳ Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"
- ↳ Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"
- ↳ Focke Wulf "Long Nose"
- ↳ Heinkel He 219 "Owl"
- ↳ Heavy Bombers and Jets
- ↳ Wings of POWER Technical Support
- Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
- ↳ BOB2 General Discussion
- ↳ BOB2 Technical Support
- ↳ BOB2 FAQ FORUM
- ↳ FirePower General Discussion
- ↳ FirePower Technical Support
- ↳ Other Sim News
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest