Sunday 17-Apr-22 Idaho Bush Adventure

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Sunday 17-Apr-22 Idaho Bush Adventure

Post by Paughco »

We need to deliver people and or cargo along a route in northern Idaho and Montana. I don't know who or what we are delivering - all I know is what they tell me: It's not illegal, we're getting paid a lot for this flight, and we're not supposed to tell anybody anything about it. Here's a link to the route in SkyVector: https://skyvector.com/?ll=47.6460485101 ... 534W%20S59.

We start from Pappy Boyington Field (KCOE) in Idaho and fly through valleys and canyons to Libby (S59) in Montana. We have to make a few stops (full landings) along the way, at the following:

Shoshone County (S83). Land and taxi to the apron where you'll take on two passengers and their baggage.

Then fly back east to the Coeur D'Alene River Road (National Forest 9), which you follow to the Idaho/Montana line at Thompson Pass. Keep following the road, which has now become Montana Secondary Highway 471, to Thompson Falls (KTHM), where you'll pick up another passenger with more baggage.

Fly northwest up the Clark Fork River Valley and land at Pinehurst Ranch (0MT7). Pick up a package and store it along with the other baggage. Note: 0MT7 shows up in our flight plan as a simple waypoint. I can see it in Little Nav Map, which means, I assume, it shows up in in P3D v4 and v5, but it doesn't show up on P3D v3. If you see it, land on it. If not, just drive on.

We follow the valley and Hwy 200 up to a waypoint that calls for a left turn to fly up Beaver Creek Valley to the 2,400 ft grass strip at Big Beaver Creek Ranch (MT98), where you'll land and take on yet more cargo.

Take off and fly back toward Hwy 200 and land at Craik (29MT) to take on yet more cargo. Note: These bits of cargo we've been taking on are relatively small and light.

Continue on up the Clark Fork River Valley to where you land at Frampton (MT97) and take on yet more of the strange cargo.

Fly northwest to the intersection of Hwy MT 200 and Bull River Road. Turn right to follow Bull River Road and then Hwy MT 56 until, just after MT 56 intersects Hwy US 2. Land at Troy and pick up yet more cargo.

Take off and continue flying along US 2 until you make a right turn to follow MT 508 and then NF 92 up the Yaak River Canyon. Here is where it gets a little tricky. We need to let our passengers and cargo out at the small town of Yaak, which is at the intersection of NF 92 and South Fork Road. Unfortunately, there is no airport at Yaak, so we'll have to land on NF 92. I'll try this later in my Cessna 182, just to see if it can be done. I've been told that the Montana State Patrol will have NF 92 blocked off so we won't have to worry about cars and trucks (we'll have our road traffic turned off in the sim). Let everybody out, and have them take the cargo. A very large deposit will be made at the offshore account of your choice at this point.

Take off and fly south along the South Fork of the Yaak River and S Fork Road, until you get to Libby Montana, just south of which you land at Libby (S59).

Miller time!

I recommend that you fly something slow, such as a Cherokee or Cessna 172 or 182. A Texan will work also. Actually anything that can get into and out of small fields will be just fine.

The flight will be 223 miles and should take about 1 hour 45 minutes of flight time in a Cessna 182, not counting all the landings and takeoffs. First round is on me for all of us that make it to the Switchback Bar and Grill in Libby.

Meet on: Digital Theme Park on JoinFS.

Comms through A2A Discord channel.

Start at: Pappy Boyington Field in Coeur D'Alene (KCOE).

Meet at: 1830z for a 1900z departure.

Local takeoff time: 1200

Weather: Active Sky historic, set for local takeoff time.

Keep on rockin' in a free world
ATB

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Sunday 17-Apr-22 Idaho Bush Adventure

Post by Paughco »

A landing at Yaak is possible. Bumpy, but can be done. Take off can also be done.

What’s the worst that can happen?

Seeya
ATB

AMA230
Airman

Re: Sunday 17-Apr-22 Idaho Bush Adventure

Post by AMA230 »

Couldn't resist to test that bush adventure. I think it's a really nice tour.
The great surprise did arise at the airfield Frampton (MT97), a real tough one, with a runway length of only 921 ft! :shock:
I intend to join on Sunday night.

Gernot

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”