Sunday, April 10th MP Flight - Frozen Canada

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
DavidW
Airman First Class

Sunday, April 10th MP Flight - Frozen Canada

Post by DavidW »

This Sunday we will airport hopping in Newfoundland, Canada and also visiting French France en route. :wink:

Our last visit to St John's, CYYT, was in our B-17's on our 'hop' across the North Atlantic and the weather then was dicey with (very) low visibility.

However, this time, the weather won't be too bad with the setting chosen so we will depart from CYYT and end up at CYDF, the long way round. There will also be two French airports on the route for those who wish to either touch and go or buzz the towers.

Here is the SkyVector link: https://skyvector.com/?ll=48.1166003239 ... YJT%20CYDF

The first waypoint, depending upon simulator and flight planner also has an NBD, UWP, which is missing from SkyVector. The airport, CCR8, is also different in your chosen simulator and flight planner; mine shows up as CCX4.

Newfoundland wasn't part of Canada until after the Second World War. Here is a link to a brief YouTube history lesson which their algorithm threw up at me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-tcw7AZMMs (A short animated documentary - just under four minutes.)

Suggested 'plane for this flight is either the P-40 or the P-51. I flew it in the P-40 and it took just over two hours and ten minutes.

Meet at: 1830z for a 1900z departure.

Meet on: Digital Theme Park on JoinFS.

Comms: A2A Discord MP channel 1

Local take off time 11:00 am

Weather - historical and set for Monday 4th April 2022. A bit hairy in some parts but otherwise not too bad.

The flight gets a few valleys towards the end for those who desire to go low over the snow. TBH it was boring going solo but flying in a group it might, just might, be enjoyable. :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Sunday, April 10th MP Flight - Frozen Canada

Post by Gypsy Baron »

FYI CCR8 is the Conne River Seaplane Base, 51 mag 68 mi from LFVM.
CCX4 is the Bay d'Espoir airport which is ~ 11nm west of CCR8.

-=GB=-

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Sunday, April 10th MP Flight - Frozen Canada

Post by Paughco »

I feel a need. The need for P-40 speed!

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”