Friday, February 11 - The Sahel: Africa, West to East - Leg 4

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
ratty
Technical Sergeant

Friday, February 11 - The Sahel: Africa, West to East - Leg 4

Post by ratty »

Mustangs (or similar) at high altitude again for this 700-mile trip from Maiduguri, Nigeria to Nyala, Sudan. If the vis is good we might actually get to see some mountains this time!

Skyvector looks like: https://skyvector.com/?ll=12.7810893830 ... T06%20HSNN.

Meet at: 1830z for a 1900z departure.

Meet on: Digital Theme Park on JoinFS.

Comms through A2A Discord channel.

Start at: Maiduguri, DNMA.

Local takeoff time: 1500.

Weather: Historical.

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Friday, February 11 - The Sahel: Africa, West to East - Leg 4

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Airport FT06 does not exist as such in LNM using the FSX, V4 or V5 scenery libraries. When I loaded the plan created from the SkyVector data it found a 'FT06' a couple of thousand miles north of the desired location.

Zeroing in on the Lat/Lon shown in SkyVector at the LNM Lat/Lon there is a small airplane shown at that Lat/Lon with the correct name but you can't click on it or enter it in any FP. So I deleted FT06 from the LNM FP and then placed a user way point, 'WP1' , at the correct Lat/Lon. Not a big deal unless you needed to land there to refuel.

Limited parking at the departure AP but the ramp is large enough to park several aircraft between the actual parking spots.(Spawn & Slew)

Nothing but a tower at the final destination. Scenery starts to become less boring and greener as you proceed eastward.

-=GB=-
Here is a screenshot of SkyVector vs LNM

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Thanks, Gypsy. I moved the route southward from the original plan to try to make it more interesting and forgot to check if everything showed up in Flightsim World. For those in need, be advised that Goz Beida, FTTG, 56 miles to the west of FT06, DOES exist for us.

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Just flew this leg. With a 1435 takeoff I arrived in absolute darkness at 1800, so you might want to think about a 1200-1300 local time takeoff.
There is nothing at the destination other than a tower and fuel box, both sitting in the grass. No taxiways or hard surface other than the runway.

-=GB=-

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

I was aiming for a dusk arrival for variety as the runway (mine, at least) is lighted. With the one-hour time change en route, here's how the destination looks to me at 1830 local, two and a half hours after takeoff:

I suggest everyone take their best guess at the mid-afternoon takeoff time that works for them.

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”