Friday 31-Dec-21 Rt 66 Santa Rosa, NM to Holbrook, AZ

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Friday 31-Dec-21 Rt 66 Santa Rosa, NM to Holbrook, AZ

Post by Paughco »

Fellow Misfits: Part of me is thinking, "Let's just do this, already!" and I want to get in my Mustang and hit it. Then, while laying out our route for A2A MP flight Rt66-05, I came to realize that we are now entering the really cool part of Rt 66. Therefore, I'm saying let's stick to our Comanches and Bonanzas (or even Cessna 182s) and take our time to appreciate the Painted Desert as we follow the Mother Road across New Mexico and into Holbrook, Arizona. We'll take off from Santa Rosa Airport (KSXU) and land at Holbrook, Municipal (P-14). Here's another version of "Get Your Kicks on Rt 66" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vifUaZQL8pc.

Our destination for this flight, Holbrook, Arizona, is a pretty cool place to kick back and groove on that Rt 66 vibe. Back in 1995 a riding pal and I stopped there on a motorcycle trip through the Southwest. We stayed at an old-school mom-and-pop motel. I walked across the road to buy my wife some authentic turquoise earrings. Great times. Here's what my Highway 66 resource has to say about Holbrook:

Holbrook, Arizona was founded a year after the Atlantic and Pacific RR was built along the old Beale Camel Road. The year was1882, and Holbrook was to become a hell-raising Babylon on the Little Colorado. Whiskey and the "ladies on the line" were the order of the day. Saloons with names like Bucket of Blood were common. Lawless and violent behavior was prevalent. One of the west's most celebrated gunfights took place here in 1887, a spin-off of the Pleasant Valley Range War. And President McKinley sent a reprimand to the sheriff of Holbrook in 1899 for sending out an ornate invitation to a public hanging. Holbrook became the county seat for Navajo County in 1895 and until 1914 it was said to be the only county seat in the U.S. that didn't have a church. The Aztec Land and Cattle Company, better known as the Hashknife Outfit, began operations in Holbrook in 1884 and became the second largest cattle ranch in the U.S.

How cool is that?

Our flight will take about 2 hr 29 minutes at a cruise speed of 150 knots, according to LNV, but we should add in a few minutes for orbiting over waypoints, flying under bridges, etc. Preferred aircraft for this flight is a fast GA (Comanche or Bonanza).

Meet at: 1830z for a 1900z departure.

Meet on: JoinFS, on the Digital Themepark server.

Comms through A2A Discord channel, MP Flying Chat 1.

Start at: Santa Rosa Airport, Oklahoma (KSXU).

Local takeoff time: 1100.

Weather: historic, set for takeoff time.

Here's the flight plan for Rt 66-05 on SkyVector: https://skyvector.com/?ll=34.9381839107 ... 954W%20P14

I'll post an enhanced LNV flight plan on the multiplayer section of A2A Discord. You might want to check that out, as the waypoints are all marked with the names of the Route 66 waypoints we'll be flying over.

Seeya
ATB

Subwofer2
Airman

Re: Friday 31-Dec-21 Rt 66 Santa Rosa, NM to Holbrook, AZ

Post by Subwofer2 »

Route 66-05: Tiny surprise for FSX users - the identifier for the starting point (Santa Rosa Route 66) for todays leg is I58 as opposed to KSXU.
Image Image
Image Image

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”