Sunday 3rd October Cubs in New Zealand

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Sunday 3rd October Cubs in New Zealand

Post by ianfisher 101 »

So we are back in the Cub's for this weeks adventure. We're in the very scenic South Island of New Zealand visiting some of our favourite airstrips. We start in Queenstown before landing at Glenorchy, Martin's Bay Lodge, Milforsd Sound and Quintin. It appears Sky Vector does not have some of these strips but they are all in Little Navmap and also in P3dv5.2.

https://skyvector.com/?ll=-44.648920934 ... 447S16745E

Meet at: 1730z for a 1800z departure.

Meet on: Digital Theme Park on JoinFS.

Comms through A2A Discord channel.

Start at: NZQN

Local takeoff time: 0700

Weather: Real.
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Sunday 3rd October Cubs in New Zealand

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Deleted my files here as Paughco has created a lnmpln file with the link in Discord......

-=GB=-

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Gypsy Baron wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 16:42 Deleted my files here as Paughco has created a lnmpln file with the link in Discord......

-=GB=-
I did? I don't remember doing that. Let me check. Oh - that file was posted by Ian.

I can't find our destination in my copy of P3D v5.2. Took a wild ride in my Cessna 182, out of NZMF up the canyon to look for the destination airport. Couldn't find it, but managed to land and takeoff again from the last flat area before the canyon ends. Should work fine for a Cub.

Seeya
ATB

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

I had elevation issues at all of the fields. I had to go into the Scenery\World\scenery directory and enable the elevation adjustment files for each airport. Changed the .OFF extension to .BGL.

You are correct, it was Ian that posted the lnmpln file, which was quite different from the SkyVector data that was posted on the site here. I'm glad the lnmpln file has all those lat/lon identifiers replaces with WP1, WP2 etc. Easier on the eyes and much easier to find out where you need to fly to if you get lost off the beaten track :)

-=GB=-

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

That was a really fun flight! I just wish I had known (or read the directions or whatever) that our destination airport was available from ORBX. I probably would'a sprung for it. Oh well. I enjoyed the flight. Need more energy management work on the Cub, for sure!

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”