Sunday 22 aug, Black Forest sightseeing

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Tobus75
Senior Airman

Sunday 22 aug, Black Forest sightseeing

Post by Tobus75 »

Back from holidays from a nice couple of weeks of camping out in the German Black Forest.

We start from EDRY Speyer, also home to the Technik Museum and having the Russian Space Shuttle Buran on display.
We then head over to Erlenbach bei Kandel, home of felllow sim-pilot Gernot, who was nice enough to come visit us a the campsite.
After waving our salutes we head over Karlsruhe to the town of Pforzheim, gateway to the German Black Forest.
From there we follow the B294 motorway south, cutting through the Black Forest. Many stuff to see here, including our campsite.
Eventually we will find ourselves over Freudenstadt, from where we head further south over the Stausee, following the river Kleine Kinzig to Schenkenzell and Kloster Alpirschbach, which brews a fantastic spezial Beer.
From there we head back on the other side of the mountainous forest, first via the valleys up to Bad Rippoldsau, then following the A500 Schwarzwald highway to Baden-Baden. From there a straigth line over the Rhine valley back to EDRY.

Not a particularly long flight, but much to see without having preflown it. I recommend Cherokee or C172.

Time in world: aug 22, 1800z meet up, departure +15min.
Time in sim: same day, 1200LT
weather: real time, fair if sucky.

EDIT: added a bit more length to the trip.

Skyvector link: https://skyvector.com/?ll=48.9667554840 ... 14E%20EDRY
Last edited by Tobus75 on 16 Aug 2021, 05:13, edited 1 time in total.

AMA230
Airman

Re: Sunday 22 aug, Black Forest sightseeing

Post by AMA230 »

Hi Toby and joining sim fellows,

thanks for your salute.
My neighbours asked me whether I knew what all these aircrafts and their noise was about. :lol:

Hope you had fun on your Palatinate - Black forest tour.

Gernot

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Sunday 22 aug, Black Forest sightseeing

Post by Paughco »

Maybe some of that noise will be from a T-6 (my go-to beast for flying with Cherokees and 172s).

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”