Sunday, August 23rd - Alpine Tour - Touching Four Countries in 90 Minutes

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
AMA230
Airman

Sunday, August 23rd - Alpine Tour - Touching Four Countries in 90 Minutes

Post by AMA230 »

We start in Switzerland at Altenrhein, LSZR close to the water mouth of the river Rhine into the Lake of Constance. We cross the eastern part of the Lake of Constance heading for Lindau in Germany. From there heading east, we fly over the German alpine upland called Allgaeu until we reach two famous former Bavarian royal palaces, Hohenschwangau Castle and Neuschwanstein Castle.
Continuing heading east following narrow and high valleys we end up at Oberau where we turn south heading for Garmisch-Partenkirchen and follow then the railway track first east then south to Mittenwald the German center for violin manufacturing. On the next track south to Scharnitz in Austria we have to the right (west) a view on the highest German mountain, the Zugspitze (2,962 m or 9,718 ft). Farer south via Seefeld in Tirol we enter the valley of the river Inn and should prepare for a touch and go at Innsbruck airport, LOWI.
From Innsbruck we follow south the Stubai valley and reach the Austrian-Italian border at Brenner Pass. We continue to follow the river Eisach via Sterzing to Brixen. Here we make a steep left turn to enter the river Rienz valley via Bruneck towards Innichen. Here we cross back the Italian-Austrian border and enter the Drau valley up to Lienz where the river Drau flows into the river Isel. At Lienz we have to pick the proper entry to the valley of the Grossglockner High Alpine Road. The Grossglockner is with an elevation of 3,798 m or 12,461 ft the highest mountain in Austria. Following the road B107 we reach Heiligenblut from where we have a great view on the Glockner group of mountains in the west. At the north side of the valley we climb up to cross the Grossglockner pass road at Toerlkopf at about 8,000 ft.
We follow the valley of the river Fuscherache down north until it flows at Bruck into the river Salzach. In the west, south of the Lake of Zell we reach our destination airfield Zell am See, LOWZ.

Plan to show up at LSZR on Sunday August 23rd, 2020 at 1745z. We will take off at 1800z.
Set your sim time to 1900 local time.
We start with real weather switching back to fair weather if needed.
Recommended sceneries: ORBX openLC Europe and Germany South
Recommended aircraft: C182, Bonanza
Skyvector link: https://skyvector.com/?chart=301&zoom=4 ... 3,11.17657

I will provide you with a more detailed LittleNavMap flightplan soon.

CU on Sunday

AMA230 aka Gernot

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Sunday, August 23rd - Alpine Tour - Touching Four Countries in 90 Minutes

Post by Paughco »

Gernot: When I clicked on that SkyVector link, it went to SkyVector, but didn't show the flight plan. I'll try some more. I tried it five times or so. The link went to SkyVector, and the map was in the general area of our flight, but there was no flight plan shown.

Worst case scenario, I'll build a flight plan on LNV using your description. OK - gotta fire up the barbecue and cook steaks.

Seeya
ATB

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Gernot stated "I will provide you with a more detailed LittleNavMap flightplan soon."...there is no flight plan yet.

Paul

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

I think it looks like this in Skyvector:

https://skyvector.com/?ll=47.2126032920 ... 50E%20LOWZ

Should be fun!

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Ratty: You beat me to it, man. https://skyvector.com/?ll=47.3884947594 ... 49E%20LOWZ

Seeya
ATB

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Paughco wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 22:10 Ratty: You beat me to it, man. https://skyvector.com/?ll=47.3884947594 ... 49E%20LOWZ

Seeya
ATB
By a whole 13 minutes. Too funny!

ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Post by ianfisher 101 »

:D
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

AMA230
Airman

Post by AMA230 »

Gypsy Baron wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 21:22 Gernot stated "I will provide you with a more detailed LittleNavMap flightplan soon."...there is no flight plan yet.

Paul

Sorry Paul,
I had problems posting the plan in this community, however, I posted it in the respective Discord thread. You may want to search for "Alpine".

Gernot

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”