Friday, June 19th - Leg 7 Virtual Oshkosh

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Friday, June 19th - Leg 7 Virtual Oshkosh

Post by Paughco »

Guys: Anybody heard from Montana Pilot on the 7th leg of our flight to KOSH? Anybody? OK. Unless directed otherwise, I plan to keep us all moving toward KOSH. I sincerely don't want to usurp Montana's plan, but I'd like to keep on keepin' on. My plan is to fly my T-6 from Watertown, SD to Richard Bong Memorial in Superior, WI (KSUW). Here is the proposed route on SkyVector: https://skyvector.com/?ll=45.8088918434 ... DLH%20KSUW.

Let's pick up where we left off last week, at Watertown Municipal (KATY). Meet at 1800z (set your clocks to local time 1300 CDT) on Friday 19 Jun 20, with takeoff at 1815. Might want to get there a bit early to get the kinks out of JoinFS and Discord, and to preflight and warm up your aircraft.
Aircraft: T-6 or similar, but anything will do. The T-6 cruises at about 130 knots TAS. According to LNV, the flight will take 1hr 37 min in a T-6, and it'll burn about 55 gallons of avgas on the flight (77 gal block fuel), and will create an incredible amount of noise in the process.

The scenery might be a tad bit more interesting on this flight. Also, we'll get to navigate between several VORs along the way. Our waypoints are as follows:

ATV Watertown VOR 116.60
MOX Morris VOR 109.60
AXN Alexandria VOR 112.80
BRD Brainard VOR 116.90
DLH Duluth VOR 112.60

Also, we'll be landing at the airport named after Richard Bong, highest scoring ace in WW2. Maybe we should fly there in Milviz P-38s. Naw...

Weather: Real
JoinFS: DigitalThemePark
Comms: Discourse A2A Community, MP Flying Chat 1

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”