March 22 MP Flight - Himalayan Adventure

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

March 22 MP Flight - Himalayan Adventure

Post by ianfisher 101 »

The task for the Misfits this week is to convey a group of climbers from the International Airport at Kathmandu in Nepal to the start of the Mount Everest trekking point at Lukla. After that there is a short private hire up to Syangboche Airport for those that are brave enough to attempt it, then it's onto Paro in Butan with another group of tourists. The Mission is 359nm and the flying time is 2hrs 29mins. As it's slightly longer than our normal flights we will start 30 mins earlier at 1830z. The aircraft we will take is the PA-24 A2A Comanche.

Mission Profile.
Meet at 1815z at VNKT. Wheels up 1830z. Fly East to the LNC NDB, then South East following the river and the HO6 and H18 roads. When we get to the VNLD Airport we turn North and begin climbing to 10,000 feet up to Lukla. There is only parking for only Four aircraft here so depending on numbers we'll have to manage that. Despite having a manned Tower Lukla is an uncontrolled Airport with pilots discretion for take-offs and landings. After deboarding our passengers there is a charter booked to take some climbers further up the valley to Syangboche Airport above the town of Namche Bazar. The airstrip is the closest airstrip to Mount Everest and Everest Base Camp and is one of the highest airstrips in the world at 3780 meters. Typical users of this airstrip are tourists who plan on visiting a nearby hotel and going no higher or those who plan only on going to Namche Bazaar. The airstrip is not licensed for commercial operations and has few facilities. There are no scheduled services and most aircraft landing and departing at Syangboche are helicopters and STOL aircraft making chartered flights from Kathmandu or Lukla. For those that want to try it we'll talk more details on Sunday. After that we return back down the valley to the BGD VOR, then further East before turning North once again to the PRO VOR and the approach into Paro. VQPR Paro International Airport is the sole international airport of the four airports in Bhutan. It is 6 km from Paro in a deep valley on the bank of the river Paro Chhu. With surrounding peaks as high as 5,500 m (18,000 ft), it is considered one of the world's most challenging airports, and only a select number of pilots are certified to land at the airport. Depending on the winds on the day it will either be a straight in to runway 33 or a circling arrival to runway 15 hugging the mountains on the way round. It's challenging for the big jets but should be easy for our small GA aircraft. (famous last words)

Meet 1815z VNKT
Local Time 0800
Aircraft. A2A PA-24
Weather real or fair
Network. Joinfs
Server, Digital Themepark.
Comms, A2A Discord MP Channel.

Sim - P3d v4.5.
Textures - ORBX Base, Vector
Lighting - Black Marble.
Shaders - REX EF, Skyforce.
Mesh - Pilots Ultimate
Weather - Active Sky
Airports
VNKT - ORBX
VNLK - Areosoft
VQPR - FSDG

https://skyvector.com/?ll=27.2024879840 ... PRO%20VQPR
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: March 22 MP Flight - Himalayan Adventure

Post by Paughco »

Trying to decide if I really need that Lukla scenery. This video makes me want to go for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NskxSc2eg4.

Seeya
ATB

iflyc77
Senior Airman

Post by iflyc77 »

Paughco wrote: 21 Mar 2020, 01:16 Trying to decide if I really need that Lukla scenery. This video makes me want to go for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NskxSc2eg4.

Seeya
ATB
I bought it again. I had it for FS2004 but I figured this trip alone would be worth having it again in P3D. Looking forward to tomorrow

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

OK, you convinced me. I’m downloading it now.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

That was a brilliant flight! Thanks for the fun Ian! 8) 8) 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

iflyc77
Senior Airman

Post by iflyc77 »

Lots of fun indeed. Looking forward to some P-40 action soon.

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”