February 2nd MP Flight - Heavy Metal Down Under

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

February 2nd MP Flight - Heavy Metal Down Under

Post by ianfisher 101 »

After 3 weeks of Cub flying it's time for some serious heavy metal, namely Constellation's in Austrailia.

I'm planning a nice chill flight between Sydney YSSY and Melbourne YMML. Flight time should be about 2 hours and 20 mins so expect a slightly longer flight than normal. Navigation is nice and easy with a VOR midway to help us on our way. Parking at Kingsford Smith will be at the domestic terminal 64-70, and at Melbourne International will be F25-30.

Meet YSSY 1830z
T/O 1900z
Fly 219 degrees for 127nm to CB VOR 116.70.
Then slight right turn to 225 degrees for 254nm to ML VOR 114.10
Take off and landing runways and departure and arrival's assigned on the day once we know the weather.
Set local time 0600
Weather Real
Digital Themepark on JoinFS
Comms in A2A MP channel.

Scenery used
ORBX Global, OpenLC, Vector, TEGB.
YSSY FlyTampa
YMML ORBX

Now comes the fun bit. Well you wern't expecting such a simple flight were you? Actually it's a fun bit for me but you can get involved if you wish.
My Connie is currently at Gatwick having flown in from the US via Gander and Shannon so I need to get it to Sydney for next weekend. Just spawn it there I hear you all say but that's no fun is it, so from next Monday morning I'm going to fly it the 12,000 miles along the original post war Kangeroo Route. I'm going to fly the exact route as was in 1947 and almost to the same timetable. The original spent two nights in the air and 2 nights on the ground. I'm going to fly longer legs in the day so I can sleep at night. The whole flight will be on Vatsim so you can follow along or come and fly some of the legs with me.
So Starting at 0900 on Monday January 27th I'll depart from Heathrow EGLL and head down to Beirut OLBA with a short stop at Zurich LSZH. Flight time 12 hours and 30 mins.
On Tuesday 28th starting at 0900 we leave Beirut and fly to Kolkata VECC with a stop at Karachi OPKC. Flight time 16 hours and 15 mins.
On Wednesday 29th starting at 0900 we fly on to Jakarta WIII with a stop in Singapore WSSS on the way. Flight time 12 hours
Then on Thursday 30th we fly on to Darwin YPDN before our final stop at Sydney YSSY. Flight time on this leg is 17 hours and 15 mins so I may start it around 0700 to land in Sydney just after midnight.
All the times above are local times.
The aircraft will be the BOAC A2A Lockheed Constellation L049 and the call sign if you want to follow me on Vatsim will be BAW704, same as the original flight.

If your interested in flying some of this with me then here is the scenery I plan on using. I'll be monitoring A2A Discord and will have the voice channel open so do pop in for a chat to keep me company on the way.

Heathrow EGLL UK2000
Zurich LSZH Aerosoft
Beirut OLBA Default P3D
Karachi OPKC MSK Productions
Kolkata VECC Anindya Banerjee (Freeware)
Singapore WSSS ImagineSim
Jakarta WIII Binersim
Darwin YPDN Default
Sydney YSSY FlyTampa

Here is the Sky Vector route for Sunday FEB 2nd.

https://skyvector.com/?ll=-35.992229876 ... 0ML%20YMML

See you all this Sunday first of all for the Cubs on Floats.

Bye for now
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: February 2nd MP Flight - Heavy Metal Down Under

Post by Paughco »

Heavy Metal, you say? Right on, mate! The lucky passengers in my Connie will be treated to AC/DC music during the flight! My Connie is getting an upgraded stereo system. Free earplugs to all who need 'em.

Seeya
ATB

Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Post by Dreamsofwings »

AC/DC should be mandatory in flight music on all airlines.

Dreamsofwings youtube channel https://m.youtube.com/c/Dreamsofwings
@dreamsofwings1 page on Facebook. Dreamsofwings1 on Instagram & Twitter

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

For those about to rock - we salute you!

Seeya
ATB

GunninGamerz
Airman First Class

Post by GunninGamerz »

AC/DC is good but whenever I fly the Connie I love having some 50's rock n roll playing. So immersive!
"SpringfieldXD45"
https://www.youtube.com/gunningamerz
https://www.twitch.tv/gunningamerz
https://twitter.com/GunninGamerz

My A2A hangar:
C172, C182, Cherokee, Comanche, V35B, P51 Mil & Civ, B17, Spitfire, T6, P-40, B377 COTS, Cub, Connie

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”