Sept 29 MP Flight - "Low and Slow", Scenic German Rivers And Castles Tour

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Re: Sept 29 MP Flight - "Low and Slow", Scenic German Rivers And Castles Tour

Post by Flieger-Marius »

Awesome shots Gernot, makes me really feel at home :)
Greets, Marius

AMA230
Airman

Post by AMA230 »

Thanks for your advices and your compliments Marius.
We had lots of fun inspite of the ugly but real weather today (headwinds around 20 kts and intermitting rain showers).

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Post by Flieger-Marius »

Yes, the weather hasn't been too friendly to us lately. Especially annoying because it's harvest season.

Had a few semi legal sim VFR flights with real weather the last few weeks 😄
Greets, Marius

DavidW
Airman First Class

Post by DavidW »

I'm sorry I missed this flight I was looking forward to it but not having any ORBX Europe sceneries in my libraries would not have had the full "immersive" trip. :(

I plan to get some in the next ORBX sale, funds permitting.
ImageImage
ImageImage

AMA230
Airman

Post by AMA230 »

Although I'm not on an orbx payroll I got to say it's worth the money if you like low level VFR flights. :)

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

A good time was had by all for sure!!

Gernot, thanks again for the running travelogue...it's a poor day when you don't learn something...!! :D
I didn't take any decent pics, but here are a few of us at EDRM, just for posterity's sake...everyone in the wrong airplanes I'm sure...Gernot, your Cherokee magically turned into a T-6... :roll:

As a prep for this trip, I launched a Harvard flight out of EDRM (Marius, thanks for the FSX scenery link!) for a look around the extremely scenic countryside to get a feel for Marius' home airstrip. Luckily I picked a really nice day for a flight...um not ...

Taxiing into position for takeoff on 18 and looking at the placement of the windsock, a Monty Python voice went off in my head..."I wish to register a complaint!" ...about said placement of course, but also the fact that this was a pretty interesting crosswind...oh well, what's the worst that can happen, right??!!

Takeoff was interesting but doable so flew a circuit...

What an amazing place!! Eventually have to land...first approach made all the much more interesting by the gusty quartering tailwind... :shock: Shortly after the pic I overshot due to the 20 knots too fast approach speed... :roll:

Landed on the next try but bounced, drifted right and took out the offending wind sock on the way to the cafe...no problem with that anymore :mrgreen:
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

AMA230
Airman

Post by AMA230 »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 19:57 A good time was had by all for sure!!

Gernot, thanks again for the running travelogue...it's a poor day when you don't learn something...!! :D
I didn't take any decent pics, but here are a few of us at EDRM, just for posterity's sake...everyone in the wrong airplanes I'm sure...Gernot, your Cherokee magically turned into a T-6... :roll:
<snip>...
Don't worry, at least the yellow color was correct. :D
Glad you enjoyed the tour.

Cheers,
Gernot

Flieger-Marius
Technical Sergeant

Post by Flieger-Marius »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 19:57 Taxiing into position for takeoff on 18 and looking at the placement of the windsock, a Monty Python voice went off in my head..."I wish to register a complaint!"
Had you complained, I'm sure a few of the "local aviation elders" would've ripped your head off. You departed on the gras strip mowed for winch launches, the runway west of that! :mrgreen:
That crosswind must've swept the cut-in-half tyres we use as markers away, hehe :twisted:

This is how it's supposed to look (my guess is you're missing one or two libraries):

Nevertheless some nice pictures and great that you had so much fun over my backyard!
Greets, Marius

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Flieger-Marius wrote: 02 Oct 2019, 17:40 Had you complained, I'm sure a few of the "local aviation elders" would've ripped your head off. You departed on the grass strip mowed for winch launches, the runway west of that! :mrgreen:
That crosswind must've swept the cut-in-half tyres we use as markers away, hehe :twisted:
Oops...hahaha... :oops:
Hopefully the next time I visit, the wind will be in a better mood...if not I think I'll just use all the available grass and takeoff into wind :wink:
I had a great time and would love to see your home IRL! 8)
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”