For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
ratty
Technical Sergeant

Friday Night Flight

Post by ratty »

Friday Night Flight

Just an experiment.

This Friday, June 29th, I will be on JoinFS at Redhill with my Spitfire, from 2PM Pacific onward. That's Midnight in Moscow (remember that one?),11PM in most of Europe,10PM in the UK, 5PM on the US East Coast, 6AM Saturday in Japan, 7AM Saturday in eastern Australia, and 9AM Saturday in New Zealand.

Welcome to anyone who can make it and who wants to buzz around in Spitfires, talk about Spitfires, or exchange experiences and tips.

Ian

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Re: Friday Night Flight

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Ok mine is still there from Sunday maybe we could do some formation practice cause I don't know about you but I'm quite bad :oops:
AKA "Memey"

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

HE11DUDE04 wrote:Ok mine is still there from Sunday maybe we could do some formation practice cause I don't know about you but I'm quite bad :oops:
That works for me. I'm pretty good at lots of things but formation flying is not one of them. :D

os99sk8
Airman

Post by os99sk8 »

Is this strictly Spitfires only? Looking at giving the MP a go but shockingly the Spit is the only A2A bird i dont have :shock: :shock:
Image Image

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

os99sk8 wrote:Is this strictly Spitfires only? Looking at giving the MP a go but shockingly the Spit is the only A2A bird i dont have :shock: :shock:
We can talk about how badly you're missing out later. :lol: In the meantime, sure, bring what you like. The more the merrier.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

There is a small chance Ill be about for this, if not I am gonna just start posting here and or on the A2A Community discord when I am up for an hours flight randomly as I am missing waaay too much.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Lewis - A2A wrote:There is a small chance Ill be about for this, if not I am gonna just start posting here and or on the A2A Community discord when I am up for an hours flight randomly as I am missing waaay too much.

cheers,
Lewis

Yaaaaaaaay!

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I fancy some of that. But I'll be a silent partner. Can't be having with Discord (There's enough of that in the world already! :D ) You lead, I'll follow.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Ron Attwood wrote:I fancy some of that. But I'll be a silent partner. Can't be having with Discord (There's enough of that in the world already! :D ) You lead, I'll follow.
Welcome aboard, Ron! We'll have a chance to see if the JoinFS "Comms" system actually works.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

ratty wrote:
Ron Attwood wrote:I fancy some of that. But I'll be a silent partner. Can't be having with Discord (There's enough of that in the world already! :D ) You lead, I'll follow.
Welcome aboard, Ron! We'll have a chance to see if the JoinFS "Comms" system actually works.
If it means typing and flying at the same time...

Just had a look. It does. :(

I'll just tag along.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Not one of my better multiplayer experiences I'm afraid. I suffered horrendous lag/pauses pretty much from the off. Trying to fly in formation over London was impossible. It got better as we left London behind but by that time I'd had enough. At Duxford I was surrounded by A36s in bouncing crash mode, about seven of them! :D
Where in the world is the Skypark server? And are the rest of you American? Because you didn't appear to have any lag problems. Hey ho.

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Ron Attwood wrote:Not one of my better multiplayer experiences I'm afraid. I suffered horrendous lag/pauses pretty much from the off. Trying to fly in formation over London was impossible. It got better as we left London behind but by that time I'd had enough. At Duxford I was surrounded by A36s in bouncing crash mode, about seven of them! :D
Where in the world is the Skypark server? And are the rest of you American? Because you didn't appear to have any lag problems. Hey ho.
I think we had, at one point, three Brits, three Yanks, and me, expat Brit in California. I suspect the server is over here somewhere, though in the early flights with Lewis and others in the UK I don't remember lag being an issue.

As for the A-36s, we're still trying to explain that one. I had the same experience but with AI Cherokees, white with red stripes, and Mustang was seeing yellow Harvards. There was an odd jet in the area - Mustang saw an F-14, I saw a Supermarine Swift, and in the past in Steam MP sessions I've seen what I assumed to be TacPac use generate strange aeroplanes , so it might be something to do with that. :?

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

ratty wrote:
Ron Attwood wrote:Not one of my better multiplayer experiences I'm afraid. I suffered horrendous lag/pauses pretty much from the off. Trying to fly in formation over London was impossible. It got better as we left London behind but by that time I'd had enough. At Duxford I was surrounded by A36s in bouncing crash mode, about seven of them! :D
I think we had, at one point, three Brits, three Yanks, and me, expat Brit in California. I suspect the server is over here somewhere, though in the early flights with Lewis and others in the UK I don't remember lag being an issue.

As for the A-36s, we're still trying to explain that one. I had the same experience but with AI Cherokees, white with red stripes, and Mustang was seeing yellow Harvards. There was an odd jet in the area - Mustang saw an F-14, I saw a Supermarine Swift, and in the past in Steam MP sessions I've seen what I assumed to be TacPac use generate strange aeroplanes , so it might be something to do with that. :?
I saw that f-14 i think it was another person flying on the hub
AKA "Memey"

Tobus75
Senior Airman

Post by Tobus75 »

Ron, joinfs can get jumpy lag like issues when a player's fps is above 35. others wont notice it. if you experience it again, try to set fps limited if not already and see if it helps.

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”