FSX-SE Server Crashing

For those who love to fly in multiplayer
new reply
WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

FSX-SE Server Crashing

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Hello,
Our group has been hosting FSX [boxed] server for several years now. It runs 24/7 except for the occasional needed reboot or change of time/location. It has run very solidly with very few crashes. We used UIautomationcore.dll on server and clients.

We are now hosting an FSX-SE server under a dedicated Steam account. The server seems to be unstable compared to the boxed version. During a flight across the Atlantic in the L-049 Monday it crashed about 4 hours into flight. This has happened several times now over the past couple of months. Both server and clients are vanilla installs aside from the A2A aircraft.

Is there something we can do to correct the trouble?

Thanks
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: FSX-SE Server Crashing

Post by Gypsy Baron »

Roger,

The 91st Bombardment Group flew regularly on the DigitalThemePark servers but with more
and more of our pilots wanting to switch to SE or P3D we have been experimenting with using
the 'JoinFS' server. That allows all three sims (plus X-Box as well) to fly in the same environment.

So far it looks promising although there are a few glitches. You might give it a try. It is a simole
setup and it is free as well.

Paul

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Thanks Paul,
I've heard of that and like the idea of all pilots coming together from different sims into one place. Most of us work and at different times and from different locals so it is often necessary to switch up the server times so we're not always flying in the dark.

I'll have to take a look at it this weekend. Is it something that we can locally host and have control over? I've been noticing failures to download real world weather on the FSX-SE server a lot lately. This may be due to my setting up QoS on my router for my game machine, maybe. I removed the QoS last night and so far so good. The server is my old X58 i7 960 system and it's under my desk using my home network. It might be a battle for bandwidth.

Roger

USMC_GySgt14
Airman Basic

Post by USMC_GySgt14 »

Roger,

I'm kinda new to all this Forum stuff (i just like to read them to get ideas and such). I saw on FSX-SE that you group has a server for A2A Warbirds. I looked into your group on the net and was wondering if ya'll were looking for more pilots to join. I fly the accu-sim B-17, P-51 Mil/Civ, and T6. I'm not a professional pilot by any means, but i do like to fly and would like to fly with a group with the same interests that could perfect my abilities with these aircraft. thanks for your time.

Respectfully,
Josh

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Hello Josh and thanks for your interest in our squad.

Our squad has been around sense 1 June, 2001. We started in Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator (the original) then on to IL2 Sturmovik. As we got older the realism of A2A in FSX started to hold our interest more than aerial combat. We have been a pretty tight group all the years with some new members along the way and some that have moved on to "real life". In no way are we professionals but we do have some pretty knowledgeable fellows among us who hold current pilots licences as well as some military veterans with time in Bronco's and such.

We do other things, when not flying, such as the Call Of Duty series where we host private matches and beat each other up :lol: We don't actually go looking for new members anymore but when we find someone that we enjoy flying with and that hold the same interests as we do it is really enjoyable.

I will PM you with some contact info for TS3 so you can pop in and meet with our guys.

~S~
Roger
a.k.a. WB FlashOver

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Gypsy Baron wrote:Roger,

The 91st Bombardment Group flew regularly on the DigitalThemePark servers but with more
and more of our pilots wanting to switch to SE or P3D we have been experimenting with using
the 'JoinFS' server. That allows all three sims (plus X-Box as well) to fly in the same environment.

So far it looks promising although there are a few glitches. You might give it a try. It is a simole
setup and it is free as well.

Paul
Salute Paul,
So, you've had a few more weeks to work with JoinFS now, what are your thoughts at this point? I'm curious about this but with painting our squad Connie's have not looked into it yet.

We are still having issues with FSX-SE server crashing 2 minutes into flight or maybe 3 hours into flight. Very strange!

Cheers
Roger

new reply

Return to “Multiplayer”