Short stutter when changing camera views

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
SFC_Tako
Airman

Short stutter when changing camera views

Post by SFC_Tako »

Alright, this is a VERY small matter but it's driving me nuts.

Every time I change camera views, in both the Spit and the P-40, I get this short hickup stutter. It's just for a quarter of a second or so...but as stated, it's driving me NUTS!
For comparison, the Mustang and the Texan are both supersmooth when I change camera views. Oh yeah they're just flawless, makes for really scenic drivebys and great exterior shots.

Mongo field report: The ONLY thing that sticks out is the fact that both the Spit and P-40 have mirrors. Aaaand not so with the Mustang and Texan.
Yet disabling the mirrors on the Spit and P-40 makes no difference whatsoever. I've even tried deleting the mirror camera from the aircraft cfg...resulting in a black mirror.
With short stutter every time I change camera view :evil:

So yeah, this rig of mine is on it's last lap and I'm about to get rid of it. BUT P3D V5 IS PERFECT RIGHT NOW FOR THE MUSTANG AND THE TEXAN! I fly them all over Papua, having a blast, with top performance too.
Can somebody gimme a hint or sumtin'? Hell, I want to enjoy the Spit and P-40 before I get rid of this rig. Could be weeks, could be months before that happens.

EDIT: And it doesn't matter if I fly the old MkIa Spit with that mirror-less canopy.
Comanche, Skylane, Cherokee, Bonanza, Texan, Spitfire
P-51, P-40

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Short stutter when changing camera views

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Tako,

not sure I will be able to help too much if its a millisecond job it could just be the difference in performance that on a lower end system is of course going to show more than on other systems. However just to check the basic, what happens when you turn your settings down in the sim, does it improve at all?

Another thought is if it happens on all flights no matter where you are in the world, be it over add-ons or default areas?

And lastly, what about the flights themselves, new flights from the UI or existing saved flights?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

SFC_Tako
Airman

Re: Short stutter when changing camera views

Post by SFC_Tako »

Hi there, Lewis!

Lemme see now, I've been over ORBX Papua (Tapini and Jacksons). All kinds of weather, fresh start, saved missions, in the air-missions etc.
As for turning down settings, I've tried this and that, like a LOT (p3d config file, Nvidia Inspector, all sorts of sim-settings). But with no change in behaviour.

To summarize:
My rig is out the window come next month. I have no add-ons apart from ORBX and right now I run things without any tinkering whatsoever (clean cfg, no Nvidia blah blah). P3D works great, looks great and this tiny problem really IS tiny.
Logic: Spitfire makes me irritated, Mustang is awesome. I'll just stick to the Mustang for a couple of weeks (Comanche works great as well).

To wrap things up: I appreciate you taking your time with this but it's beginning to dawn upon me now - this is a fool's errand.
Next rig will be a NASA/CIA nuclear joint venture. Oh you just wait...

EDIT:
Last resort - I went into Nvidia Control Panel and turned the slider all the way to PERFORMANCE...stutter gone!
But that took away the VSYNC so I had terrible screen tearing. And if I just added VSYNC, as the only thing different from the PERFORMANCE profile, stutter was back :o

New rig it is.
Tako out!
Comanche, Skylane, Cherokee, Bonanza, Texan, Spitfire
P-51, P-40

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”