some technical questions of a Spitfire newbie

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Zacke
Staff Sergeant

some technical questions of a Spitfire newbie

Post by Zacke »

Hey guys,

I have a lot of the Accusim birds and the last years I flew primarily the Comanche, civilian Mustang and the Connie. But I never had the Spitfire in mind. Don't know why. Maybe the very old cockpit layout and missing radios etc.

Yesterday I stumbled about the A2A Spit in an video clip and the first time I realized the deep needs for manual handling the systems correctly. Especially the engine temps. And that aroused my interest. Don't get me wrong: I know for sure you have to handle the systems correct with all of the mentioned planes above - I flew them around the world (with accusim). But the Spit seems to be pretty "manual" and ambitious.

So I have some questions before I buy it:
a. My favourie plane is the Comanche. She*s quite on an very high level accusim-wise. I think the Spitfire is accusim-wise more near the Mustang or so. Is she "younger" or "older" than the Mustang and did she also get that updates the Mustang had like simulated cool down of the temps when PC is off etc.?
b. I have a quite modest PC system with FSX:SE but the Comanche runs quite smooth on it and the civilian Mustang a tad worse. I know that one is hard to answer but could anybody estimate where I have to locate the Spit performance-wise?

Thanks in advance,
Zacke

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: some technical questions of a Spitfire newbie

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Zacke,

the Spitfire is akin to the Mustang as you guessed. The Spitfire did have some extra updates thanks to it also being used as a flight training simulation for modern Spitfire Pilots, so some of that work managed to make its way to the product you can buy on the store today.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Zacke
Staff Sergeant

Post by Zacke »

Hello Lewis,

thanks for your reply. That sounds very good to me!

Regards,
Zacke
Last edited by Zacke on 01 May 2020, 10:06, edited 1 time in total.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

The Spitfire modelled by A2A are the early ones. Compared to the later P-51D, performance is a lot milder. Saying that, personally, I still prefer the Spitfire. She has a certain grace that no other aircraft of its type can match. A Mk IX Spitfire would be a different beast and something I would love to be able to compare with the P-51D.

Steve

Zacke
Staff Sergeant

Post by Zacke »

I've bought it and I'm so happy with it. It runs absolutely smooth on my modest system and it has so much style and things to learn.

Thanks again A2A!

Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Post by Dreamsofwings »

Welcome to the Spitfire club Zacke! I always envy people when they jump in for the first time.
The A2A is a beautiful thing to fly and the work that has gone into it over the years to refine it with the help of the real world Spit pilots has produced a very rewarding challenge.
I also love the P-51D for all its ferocious power and 'kick you in the ass' behaviour if you don't fly her right.
I agree with Steve, a MkIX would be oh so wonderful, if anything to be able to do a comparison from the early marks to this later and very popular version.

Dreamsofwings youtube channel https://m.youtube.com/c/Dreamsofwings
@dreamsofwings1 page on Facebook. Dreamsofwings1 on Instagram & Twitter

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Raise flaps very soon after landing. They impede air flow through the radiator.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”