Spitfire I/II P3D Install problems

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
OneFatBird
Airman Basic

Spitfire I/II P3D Install problems

Post by OneFatBird »

Hello all, first post.

And first use of a product of yours. Sorry it has to be about a problem with an installation, I was looking forward to trying this one, alas! I have seen this product has already had numerous problems with users from other posts, and I have attempted some of the possible solutions to no avail, hence my posting. Your attention will be very much appreciated.

Before I get questioned, I wish to ask a few myself, please. But first, a description of the problem.

Bought the A2A Spitfire from JustFlight.

https://www.justflight.com/product/a2a- ... re-mk-i-ii

Installation as admin, to the LockheedMartin P3D folder. Installation, DX Setup and update of the product apparently all ran and terminated correctly. P3D run as admin. Selection of the Spitfire as vehicle causes P3D to CTD immediately.

I run Windows 10.

1. Is the product directed at a very specific update of P3D V4, or should it work on any of the P3D V4 installations?

2. Looking at the Troubleshooting FAQ, it mentions installation of Accu-sim pack (which I am assuming is different to the Accu-feel pack?)...

https://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vi ... 78&t=23593

Is this a separate download? Information on this subject is just a bit garbled, from my perspective. I asked a friend who uses A2A products, and he says it should already be included in the product download, but I cannot find any such separate install, nor does it appear to install automatically. Help with that is important, please. If this is a separate download, where do I obtain it?

That would be all, for now. Please shoot with your questions, and my thanks in advance.

All the best!

PS: Additional information.

I like to keep my ContentError.txt log as clean as possible, and at least look into all warnings I get there. When the Spitfire causes the CTD, there is this warning in that file...

Code: Select all

[error.4]
error=Gauge file not found: accusim_xml!testbar
Is this enough to cause the mentioned CTD? Is there a solution?

Thanks again.

OneFatBird
Airman Basic

Re: Spitfire I/II P3D Install problems

Post by OneFatBird »

Follow up...

I have got it working at last after a great deal of tweaking around and reinstalling. Note, the problem was indeed the version of P3D V4, for information. I updated the client to V4.5 (latest) and it is now accessible and does not cause CTD. I was running the previous release of V4, not realizing a new one was out, so it is all my bad!

Looking forward to enjoying the product now. Thanks, all the best.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Onefatbird,

Happy to hear you got the Accusim Spitfire installed and running.
I’m currently racing about the Souther end of the UK in the Mk 1a looking for the Old Warden Airfield—which I always seem to misplace!😂

One thing I would suggest is to ensure your Spitfire is up to date by clicking on the Windows Start button and select All Apps, A2A Products, A2A Spitfire MI and II then click the “check for updates option, if you haven’t done so already.

The Spitfire can be fairly tricky on the takeoff, so feel free to come back with any questions that may arise after during your first flights.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

If you fly her before updating you will have an easy time of it with taxiing and take-off. After updating she will be a real handful on the ground. This is normal, evidently. Take it slow and build your speed gradually for take-off.

:wink:

OneFatBird
Airman Basic

Post by OneFatBird »

Thanks all!

I have not flown it yet, I am saving that experience for an event. They will be glad for a bit of comical entertainment at my lack of experience on type. At the moment I am doing a repaint for the theme. And reading the manuals. :)

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Just to add to Bladerunner’s comments...watch the narrow wheelbase, elevator trim 1 division down, stick full back and right and apply power smoothly then bring stick to neutral as you get airflow over the flying surfaces, use your rudder to track straight and a gentle pull back (if necessary) and she unsticks. Fantastic aircraft once you get the dance down pat - you’re really going to love this aircraft!😀

Edit- someone linked this video before and I think its appropriate, although he really gets off the ground fast! I’ve done that a few times and it is always a bit surprising when it does! Heres the link: https://youtu.be/0bMrhLG3tM4

OneFatBird
Airman Basic

Post by OneFatBird »

Thanks, I finally got around to flying the Spitfire. Following the advice to the T, and "The Book", I got airborne and down without issues on the first flight. A great model, probably the best I have tried yet. Love the fact that it imparts some respect for the finer points of flying, too, such as caring a bit for the machine as part of the experience. Good stuff.

All the best!

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

That is always good to hear! This Spitfire presents some nice challenges with its single radiator and the capability to use lower octane fuel, both of which require care and planning by the pilot. Such a great model by A2A😎

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”