Strange pulsation effect on takeoff and landing

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Re: Strange pulsation effect on takeoff and landing

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Piper_EEWL wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 12:37 Yes turning off the momentum effect does mask the effect. But you can still hear it’s in the outside view. There’s definitely something wrong with the simulation there.

I really hope someone from A2A will look at this...
A weird glitch for sure...doubly confusing because I went and flew mine last evening just to confirm and it does not exhibit any type of odd behavior at all. It's a relatively new machine and install of FSX:SE with the latest update applied to the Spitfire and I ran it through a complete stall/slow flight series with the gear down and saw no issues, inside or out... :?

There are a bunch of folks smarter than I around here...hopefully someone can sort it out.
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi guys,

Looks like this one runs a little deeper than originally suspected. We'll investigate the issue further once the Flight Sim 2019 visit is out of the way. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience. I suspect it has something to do with the 'fundamental interconnectedness of all things' as Dirk Gently might put it. :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Nick - A2A wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 12:57 Hi guys,

Looks like this one runs a little deeper than originally suspected. We'll investigate the issue further once the Flight Sim 2019 visit is out of the way. In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience. I suspect it has something to do with the 'fundamental interconnectedness of all things' as Dirk Gently might put it. :)

Cheers,
Nick
Thanks Nick.

I think another clue I can give is that I‘m pretty sure this happened after the Bonanza or one of its updates. Maybe that’s also the reason some users see it and some don’t.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi guys,

We've just released a small update for the Spit to hopefully resolve this one. Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Accu-Sim Spitfire I & II

Version 19.10.20.0 Changes
  • Fixed bug causing 'pulsating' effect at high power settings with low airspeed.
Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi Nick,

Will there also be an update for the FSX version?

Thanks
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Sebastian,

Sorry - having just reread some of the posts above, I see the issue affects FSX users too. We'll reissue the FSX update to take care of it there as well. Hopefully this shouldn't take too long.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi Nick,

Great to hear.

Thanks and happy flying

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Nick: Thank you for that fix! I tried it and it works!

One note: Just before updating my Spitfire, I scrolled down the new features in this update, and I was where the yaw stability was reduced, based on Boultby Academy experience. "WHAT? Again?," I thought. The test flight went well, and I was greatly relieved to go back and check the update list again, and find that yaw stability statement was from a previous update, and that had not been changed. Oh, thank you for that!

By the way, you should check out Robin Takolanders latest YouTube video on the A2A Spitfire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvB_jXygs1U&t=8s.

Seeya
ATB

whiic
Staff Sergeant

Post by whiic »

Kinda bummer that the problem still persists as there's been no update for FSX version. Or am I missing something? At least the last combined update for Accusim Core is last years Feb, almost a year old. That's the one pinned and that one is the one I'm running and the one that likely caused the bug in the first place.

Is there some update for this particular glitch somewhere, maybe in some non-pinned thread?

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

No, there hasn't been another update since then or a repair for this in FSX. I did have this happening too but when I read this post I realized I don't have the problem on my new computer with fresh install of FSX and the aircraft. I've only flown the Mustang so far so it's possible that it will still happen for me in the P-40 or Spit.

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I can confirm the problem also doesn't happen with the Spitfire on my new computer, for what it's worth.

whiic
Staff Sergeant

Post by whiic »

It's kinda late to offer solution to the pulsating problem on FSX, and it might be anecdotal but I solved my issue and didn't have to reinstall everything like AviationAtWar did.

I paid attention to the time frames on when I noticed the problem, what updates and new aircraft I had installed, and the lines
"2/4/2019 - 5/11/2020 CHANGES:
Bonanza 35:
- Fixed legacy updater overwriting a newer core file which is installed with V35B."

on the newest FSX core update. So, Bonanza installation installed newer versions to Accusim Core than what was available in Core 9/16/2018 update. And Core 2/4/2019 update apparently rolled back some newer files in error something the 5/11/2020 shouldn't do anymore... but apparently didn't manage to fix if it was already damaged by installing the prior 2/4/2019 update.

To solve the issue, at least my anecdote, was not to uninstall Spitfire and reinstall and reupdate it (which I already tried ages ago but it did not no help), but to uninstall BONANZA instead and then reinstall it... AND NOT RUN THE BROKEN 2/4/2019 UPDATE at any point after that. Considering that 2/4/2019 update is no longer available and has been replaced by 5/11/2020 update long time ago, newly surfacing problems with the pulsating Spitfire probably won't pop-up that much. I still find it funny that 5/11/2020 cannot undo the damage that broken 2/4/2019 update did to Accusim Core and the only way to fix the Core is to uninstall and reinstall Bonanza to actually fix it.

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”