screenshot about two little problems

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
einherz
Master Sergeant

screenshot about two little problems

Post by einherz »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DpeQL9 ... sp=sharing

hi, as you can see, no nav light after take off with no direct look, and not exist part of cockpit all the time, and this with move point of view some down, with default half of glass in spitfire dissapear, all system work super-super, i put spitfire post, because in cockpit of this baby problem worse than in other, perfect out of the box, but some parts stay in the box :) nav/strobe problems in all other aircraft i hope will resolve as i think is just something with effect/texture lights
this is prepar3d v4.5hf
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: screenshot about two little problems

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi einherz,

In your screenshot, the view is very zoomed out which is what causes the clipping effect with the aircraft canopy and the distortion of the gauges. If you zoom in a little more, you should reduce both of these side-effects. The Spit is unfortunately prone to canopy clipping in FSX/P3D in this way, just because the cockpit of the real aircraft is so small.

I'm afraid I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "no nav light after take off with no direct look".

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

hi, thank you, i knew about cliping, but hope this will fixed some time, about nav/strobe lights in a2a ac, when you look exactly to the wingtip all ok, when look some back or forw wing lights disappear, but this effect only after take off when you in the air, on the land no problems with wing lights(strobe/nav) with p-40 you can see lamp all time, but 3d light around the lamp disappear when start look around in the air only
p.s. problem with cliping is out with zoomed in at very low fov, but problem with wingtip lights stay in all fov, and only about cockpit view, this was long time before with 16:9 and expected worste with 21:9 i feel very big discomfort and stop feel aircraft position and reaction at low fov :( in real life i guess i will ok with vestibula compensate tunnel vision, but in simulator at big zoom is very bad for me i can fly without gauges at all but i have to look with big fov in p3d zoom 40-50 max 60, 70 absolutelly unaceptable, but all that clipping and disappear lights it's ok for me, and i can live with it, all stay perfect(almost) for me
thank you

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, I think I understand now, thanks for clarifying einherz. Do you have any camera or shader modification add-ons installed? I'm not able to reproduce what you describe with my own installation (P3Dv4.5.12.30293).

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

thank you, have to say, i flew today mustang(mil) and was not problem too with nav lights, it was surprise, as befor this problem was all the time, i had try shader modification (pta) but after back to default before install environment force, and i have installed sky force long time, but do not know if shaders was changed by this, have to say i does fly at very fps friendly scene in mustang today(corfu flytampa), so i will try spitfire at different scenes and look how it will, i remember before this bug was relate by fps, but do not sure
thank you
p.s. and i think problem is can only be reproduce only with wide view on in the settings and with wide screen like 16:9 or 21:9 like in my situation, and other, but after fly today i remember something about fps depending of this bug

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

well, very strange, mustang's lights work only at corfu, spifire's lights doesn't work at corfu too, i just can not even imagine how this posible

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”